PDA

View Full Version : Chemo Treatments!

Irish
07-22-2017, 02:49 PM
I don't know if this is the correct spot but this is mainly to help others. I was recently diagnosed with Cancer (I tried to say the one but my spelling prevents it) I went thru all of the chemo-treatments , felt crappy , but now am a cancer survivor. Like I say-I felt crappy but now after a Pet Scan the cancer is gone. I thought about not getting the treatments but my recommendation would be to get them!:clap::tup: Irish
P.S. This is just my $.02.

splitload
07-22-2017, 08:14 PM
Been there done that. The lousy feeling that you experience with the chemo, will go away. There are some miner lasting effects but without the treatment, you would be taking the dirt nap much sooner.

Admin
07-23-2017, 03:38 AM
Great news, love to hear stuff like that. Congrats! :tup:

wheelbender6
07-23-2017, 08:52 AM
Well done, Irish. I'm so happy that the ordeal of chemotherapy is over and you beat the cancer.

crawford
07-23-2017, 01:41 PM
really great news let it keep going on for ever welcome back

Irish
07-23-2017, 02:13 PM
[QUOTE=splitload;535929]Been there done that. The lousy feeling that you experience with the chemo, will go away. There are some miner lasting effects but without the treatment, you would be taking the dirt nap much sooner.
I was on a , one week(treatment of chemo , two weeks off.) I could always tell when it was almost time for the next treatment because my appitite would come back & I would start to feel better!:taunt::lmao: Irish:scoot::nuts:

Roscoe
07-23-2017, 04:53 PM
This is great news! I wanted to ask several times how things were going for you but I didn't know if I should.

sc00ter
07-23-2017, 10:26 PM
And I complain about back pain from getting out of shape.... Glad you made it thru your battle Irish.

Irish
07-29-2017, 02:40 PM
It's almost impossible to thank everyone! All that I can say is::thanks:Irish:scoot::nuts:

wheelbender6
07-30-2017, 07:22 PM
I want to thank you, Irish, for fighting back hard and dealing another defeat to cancer.

Irish
07-31-2017, 01:34 PM
The DR. wants me to get another PET Scan tomorrow. The last one was fine & I have had two more treatments since then! He probably gets a kickback if I get another. Pardon Me if I sound like I think that it's a racket but that's just me.:yay::shrug: Irish:scoot::nuts:

Irish
08-08-2017, 01:39 PM
I just went to the Dr. & last weeks Pet Scan looked good but he said that I can't call myself a cancer survivor until I'm clean for 5 years!:clap::tup: Irish:scoot::nuts:

Roscoe
08-08-2017, 03:00 PM
Sounds good to me. It's easy to think what I'd do or will do when something like this happens to someone else, when it happens to us though it's an entirely different matter. God Bless you

Smaug
09-20-2017, 02:06 PM
Well, without the treatments, you have 0% chance of long-term survival, right?

With the treatments, the odds vary. Keep an eye on it. Get scanned as often as you can, to catch any flare-ups early.

My uncle's girlfriend, about 62 years old just died. She had a cancer that was inoperable and incurable, but "treatable." She was getting chemo enough to keep it in remission. All was going well. Then, one time she had a scan and it had flared up so much she was gone in a matter of weeks.

So, I'm glad to hear it, but wanted to advise you on that.

Irish
02-25-2018, 02:22 PM
I had another cat scan(last week)& it turns out that there is still cancer showing up in the lymph nodes in my left armpit! The DR suggested that I let it ride for 3 mo & see what happens. I hope that I don't have to go thru all of that crap again. I'll be 74 next week & a few yrs ago I hadn't a care in the world. At least I can still ride! The only trouble is that if you have those treatments you feal to crappy to ride! Oh to be young & foolish again! All of my friends that lived a healthy lifestyle are dead now!:shrug::s Irish:scoot::nuts:

wheelbender6
02-26-2018, 07:27 PM
I hope it was not cancer again Irish. It must not be a super-aggressive cancer if the Doc is willing to wait 3 months before the re-check.

Irish
06-07-2018, 01:50 PM
I had a test & sure enough it was positive! I went to the DR yesterday & he wants me to get 4, 2hr treatments of Retucsin(sp?).It's one of two drugs that I took before but not as intensive. In other words , I won't get sick & I won't have to take Newlasta(sp?) :shrug:Irish:scoot::nuts:
Don't ask what I'll be doing the next 4 Thurs afternoons! >D>:(

wheelbender6
06-07-2018, 10:17 PM
Hang in there, Irish. If you can fix an effin CH53, you can definitely beat that cancer.

Roscoe
06-09-2018, 08:05 AM
Hang in there, Irish, we want you around for a long time. FWIW cancer cells need glycogen they can't use ketones. Some "alternative" treatments advocate a ketogenic diet to help fight cancer. You might want to google it and see what it's about.

Prayers coming your way!

Irish
06-17-2018, 12:24 PM
Hang in there, Irish, we want you around for a long time. FWIW cancer cells need glycogen they can't use ketones. Some "alternative" treatments advocate a ketogenic diet to help fight cancer. You might want to google it and see what it's about.

Prayers coming your way!

Unfortunately I'm also Diabetic! It's called being caught between a rock & a hard place! I had my 1st treatment last Thurs. I had to pay $1590 up front & it made me wonder-What do people do that didn't save for their retirement?:shrug: Irish:scoot::nuts:
P.S. It's a good thing that my wife put money aside. I just lived for today! Perhaps that's one of the reasons that We've been married for 53yrs!

Roscoe
06-18-2018, 12:07 PM
Please have a look at ketogenic diets and cancer. I thought the whole keto thing was just another snake oil thing but it caught my attention and I'm doing it. So far I've lost 42 lbs and have never felt better. I'll turn 70 later this year. I did it to lose weight and get my blood pressure down and get rid of statin drugs. But it's also used to reverse type II diabetes and treat cancer. Cancer can only use glycogen and with ketosis, glycogen drops to almost nothing and you starve the cancer. These are real doctors watch a few and see what you think... https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=keot+and+cancer+treatments

Hoping and praying you have the best possible outcome from this situation,
Roscoe

Irish
06-18-2018, 04:33 PM
I'm already a type 2 Diabetic so I keep my diet fairly clean & my BP is excellent! I doubt if it was any good back in my heavy drinking days + I smoked 2 packs of unfiltered Camels a day but I was COOL then.:clap::yay: Irish:scoot::nuts:

Irish
07-20-2018, 01:25 PM
I'm done with my 4 treatments. I have to be tested again in Aug. I got a bill(in the mail) yesterday for another $1700 , in addition to the money already spent. As my wife says- They will never find a cure for cancer because they are making too much money treating it!:clap::yay: Irish:scoot::nuts:

wheelbender6
07-22-2018, 11:41 AM
Great to hear that you are done with treatments. Funny how we have universal healthcare but we still get a big medical bill.

Anton22
08-29-2018, 06:13 AM
How did August test go?