PDA

View Full Version : Stupid me

rockie
04-24-2017, 04:16 PM
Here is something to laugh at and also think about. A couple months ago I visited this forum and posted a problem about my Jonway 150 letting me down. I had to push it home twice. I did get many suggestions from folks. They were all good. Finally I have solved the problem. I bought my Jonway in 2011. I live in Iowa where it gets pretty cold in the winter. I find that after winter it is easier to start my scooter for the first time if I prime it. (starts right up). When I first bought the scooter I noticed the wheels were horribly unbalanced. So after lots of reading I decided to put balancing beads in my tires. ( they helped a bit?) I keep the bottle that they came in and that is what I used to prime my scooter every year. RKS already knows where I am going with this. Some of those beads were left in the bottle and when I primed my scooter I put those beads right into my fuel pump. When I took the pump apart there where about 12 of them in it. Back flushed the before carb. filter and 5-6 more came out. Scooter ran fine for about 2 minutes. Today I took the carb. Apart. No beads in it, but the needle had a white ring around it that was the exact same color as those beads. And yes the carb. Was flooding. My guess is that gas will dissolve those beads after a while and the sludge or whatever got past the filter. Lesson learned. The good thing is I didn’t spend a lot of money fixing it. The bad thing is, I could have been riding a month ago.:nuts:

rks
04-24-2017, 07:15 PM
Good find. Doesn't take much to mess up these carbs. We all do things like this from time to time....glad you're up and running now, and hey....ya still have about 6 months of riding left this year....heck, maybe even 7.