PDA

View Full Version : Air ride?

Fubar
03-23-2017, 05:22 AM
Anyone have any experience with air ride? I've got a ruck clone (Chinese knock off) and I've got the air shocks and line and whatnot... My question is if anyone knows whether or not an air compressor for an air horn would be enough to push those shocks... Of course not with rider weight on them, but just free standing. Any input is appreciated...

P.S. Here's my scoot with the air shocks on and completely empty. The tire is less than 2mm off the gas tank (it was relocated under the seat after the stretch and 150cc engine swap).

wheelbender6
03-23-2017, 07:53 PM
I haven't seen much on adding air ride to a scoot. You will probably need to post that one on a custom motorcycle forum to get much info.

Ddarlington36
04-21-2017, 12:52 PM
Air ride system are usually really a pita to be reliable you're asking a lot. Plus you need something to sustained the psi level compressor that small usually not adequate for what you're asking it to do on a constant basis. You're more than likely using an hydraulic psi valve to maintain the psi needed. Space would be an issue considering its a rukus there isn't much space.

Irish
04-21-2017, 04:07 PM
I've seen an Air Bag suspension on custom "Choppers" but I don't think that it would suit your needs on a scooter!:tdown::shrug: Irish:scoot::nuts:
P.S. Just my .02.