PDA

View Full Version : Auto Choke Operation

bmetras
12-30-2016, 03:00 PM
Can the auto choke for these scooters be bench tested? And what should I expect to see. Received a new choke today.. without mounting in the carb. I plugged it into the harness in place of my old one which is installed in the carb. When I started the engine, I see no movement of the needle from the new choke.. I then unplugged it from the harness and hooked an external 12v source to it on the bench .. still no movement.. am I testing incorrectly or did I buy a dud.. thanks for any info..

Shadowfire
12-30-2016, 10:30 PM
Put it on your bench on a sheet of paper, hold it down with something heavy, mark the position of the plunger on the paper, apply power to it, wait 5 minutes, see if it has moved out.

bmetras
12-31-2016, 11:13 AM
Thanks, I thought it was supposed to retract under power and then extend when warm .. my mistake .. back to the bench ..

bmetras
12-31-2016, 01:19 PM
Put it on your bench on a sheet of paper, hold it down with something heavy, mark the position of the plunger on the paper, apply power to it, wait 5 minutes, see if it has moved out.

Thanks again ... just re-checked .. good 5mm of protrusion after it warmed up..

Irish
12-31-2016, 01:44 PM
There is one terminology for an automatic choke. It is called SCI. That stands for Shit Can It & use a manual choke. That's just my $.02. but everyone likes something different-Different strokes for different folks! Sorry to belittle your thread.:hehe::lmao: Irish:scoot::nuts:

DisillusionedPrepper
01-03-2017, 11:59 PM
5mm is the expected travel.

You should check your wiring to verify both ground, and input voltage.
Some scoots run DC +12 volt, and others run AC +15-40 volt