PDA

View Full Version : Opinions/reviews on the Burgman 650 Executive

Mäwby
08-08-2016, 09:09 AM
This will be my next scooter. I would like to hear reviews/opinions on this beauty as I'm going from a Lancer 150 to the 650 Burgman.

cheapeto
08-09-2016, 07:15 AM
What I hear is they are expensive to have work done to. Lots of Tupperware to be removed and some fasteners are difficult to get to.
They are great machines, run fine.
I was told this by a guy I was riding with last year, who owned a couple of them over the years.

Shadowfire
08-09-2016, 08:56 PM
I've heard that if the Burgman 650 has transmission problems, it becomes a ~$4000 USD repair primarily due to all the labor involved; you either get another transmission from the junkyard or sell it for parts.

Otherwise I've only heard good things about it.

kz1000st
08-12-2016, 06:16 PM
The people who own them are absolutely rabid about the scooter. Like some other brands/models of scooters the owners are sure they are absolutely the best. I'm sure that if you got one you would love it.

Maddog
08-25-2016, 11:33 AM
I too upgraded to a Maxi, was looking at both the Burgman and Silverwing. Previously owned the Honda reflex, so I went with the Silverwing.
I'm sure either is a good choice, the burgman has several options that Honda doesn't, like powered windshield, heated hand grips. But I'm a minimalist at heart and see any 600cc scooter as over kill.