PDA

View Full Version : Hollow sound after upgrades, pretty sure its the carb

linkkokiri83
08-06-2016, 06:46 PM
Okay i have a 50 cc smm jazzie , pretty standard chinese scooter, recently had a 100cc kit (professianly installed).

Afterwords i have installed:
Performance cdi cable (black and orange), performance cdi box (blue/purple box), the small airfilter that pops onto the back of the carb, 20mm carb (jet sizes unknown as of now). New variator amd weights (gram weight unknown as of now). Pretty much the standard upgrades.

The scooter runs solid, no hesitations or sputters, held a steady 40 mph (keep in mind im 6 foot, 270 pounds) . the ride does have a louder, but more hollow sound. Im pretty sure its the carb now , needs adjustment amd possibly a different jet set. Ill update as i cam find more about it.

blueboy5000
08-07-2016, 06:12 AM
The "hollow sound" is "intake roar", it's the result of an open-element air filter.

This noise increase is normal, and in some cases, preferable to stock sound.

linkkokiri83
08-07-2016, 12:37 PM
Still lacks power in high. Seems its running beautiful at low rpm, but its like when it gooes to the main jet, its lacking push. Pretty sure id need to change the llarge jet, but dont know what to get. Idle is great as well. Does seem.its getting more air tham gas in high.

blueboy5000
08-07-2016, 01:05 PM
Raise the declaration needle ( move clip one slot down) then reset mixture.

linkkokiri83
08-07-2016, 01:40 PM
Is there a video tutorial on "reset mixture"? Im new to this xD