PDA

View Full Version : Cleaner/Protector????

Irish
07-15-2016, 12:39 PM
What has everyone found to be the BEST cleaner/protector for chrome & polished aluminum? This Florida climate has me cleaning more than riding! I'll clean my chrome/aluminum one day & it seems as if two days later it's pitting again. My ride is kept in a carport (not a closed garage) & even tho I always kept my bike in a garage in NH , I never had so much trouble with corrosion.:tdown::shrug: Irish:scoot::nuts:
P.S. The thing that really suprises me is that the polished aluminum does it as much as the chrome!:thanks:

philr
07-16-2016, 04:38 PM
Can't offer a magic bullet... if you can smell the salt air, you have 24/7 corrosion. Before moving to North Florida (away from the coast), I used semiChrome like it was free. Now I use ProtectAll (RV section Wal-Mart) to keep the chrome and aluminum shining. Paint/powder seems to be the only long term low-maintenance solution.

Irish
07-17-2016, 04:03 PM
Can't offer a magic bullet... if you can smell the salt air, you have 24/7 corrosion. Before moving to North Florida (away from the coast), I used semiChrome like it was free. Now I use ProtectAll (RV section Wal-Mart) to keep the chrome and aluminum shining. Paint/powder seems to be the only long term low-maintenance solution.

THANKS!:thanks:I'll try it! :clap::tup:Irish:scoot::nuts: