PDA

View Full Version : 150cc Cranking But No Start

heysus
06-14-2016, 09:23 PM
I have a 2014 Tao Tao 150cc. I have a new battery, new starter, CDI is good, spark plug gets spark, I did a valve adjustment, gas is good, BUT it does not start.

I adjusted my valves to .004 inches. Bought a new CDI, but still the same result. The battery is a lithium Ion battery, and fully charged. New starter has not made a difference. Gas is the 91 kind.

When I put the spark plug on ground, it sparks. When I take the spark plug out of the engine, my engine cranks like it wants to start, but when the spark plug is inside, it cranks and then does a "currr" sound.

PLEASE HELP.

heysus
06-14-2016, 09:24 PM
new air filter as well. the battery is also brand new. I got a new NGK spark plug and it is gapped at about .028-.032 inches.

coreyman
06-15-2016, 06:20 AM
What about the carb? Have you cleaned it and/or done any adjustments?

heysus
06-15-2016, 11:20 AM
I removed it and cleaned where the air comes in and out with rubbing alcohol. I've done no adjustments to it. The intake manifold is missing both screws holding it secure, so i think that may be the issue?

coreyman
06-16-2016, 05:45 AM
Have you tried using starter fluid to get it going? After rebuilding my carb I had to prime it with starter fluid in the back of the carb where the air comes in.

blueboy5000
06-17-2016, 05:12 AM
Test compression with a compression testing gauge.

heysus
06-18-2016, 11:51 PM
This is my current situation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zniFdD2U1w

I got it to start earlier with stater fluid, but then I tried again and am currently at this point.

Impaired
06-20-2016, 08:27 PM
I removed it and cleaned where the air comes in and out with rubbing alcohol. I've done no adjustments to it. The intake manifold is missing both screws holding it secure, so i think that may be the issue?

So you're intake manifold isn't secure?
I assume that would create a pretty big vacuum leak which maybe why she isn't starting?

blueboy5000
06-21-2016, 07:01 AM

You must have the intake securely fastened. A gy6 is so sensitive to intake vacuum, that even a slight crack in an intake manifold will cause a no-start condition.

heysus
06-24-2016, 08:29 PM
So you're intake manifold isn't secure?
I assume that would create a pretty big vacuum leak which maybe why she isn't starting?

I fixed the leak on the intake manifold, but it was the fuel/air ratio that was incorrect. It runs now! Thank you!