PDA

View Full Version : Rpm increase

junbug
06-13-2016, 12:22 AM
What are some different ways to increase rpms?I have my perfect rollers (7g) in the give me take off and top speed. Any other weights and I lose top mph (52gps). But I'm only turning 7200 rpm. I wanna raise it to 8000. Fully built 52mm BBK with koso variator and prodigy clutch. Anything I can do besides changing weights to up the rpms?

Shadowfire
07-05-2016, 10:27 PM
Weights are the primary thing impacting the clutch engagement speed. You can also try a weaker pulley spring, but this might result in the bike not "downshifting" when you go up a hill and bringing the engine out of the powerband, slowing you down all that much faster.

These things are all tradeoffs that the engineers who designed the drivetrain made, by making modifications you are taking these problems into your own hands.

My suggestion is, if you're in the power band at 7200rpm, don't mess with something that works. Or at least, document the way it is now, so you can go back to it if you mess things up.

mmsscooters
07-12-2016, 12:15 AM
6g rollers, on a 4 stroke messing with the clutch springs is contradictory, that's why they're called contra springs.

blueboy5000
07-12-2016, 06:17 AM
6g rollers, on a 4 stroke messing with the clutch springs is contradictory, that's why they're called contra springs.

No that's incorrect. It's called contra spring because it uses spring force to return the clutch to the disengaged state. Contra is the Latin equivalent of saying "return". That is why contra springs are also called return springs

cheapeto
07-12-2016, 07:05 AM
Some of the Ruckus guys talked about a K-Mod, where they removed 3 of the roller weights. I'd google around and see what you can find.