PDA

View Full Version : Heat Wrap?

Irish
05-07-2016, 02:32 PM
Has anyone ever used that Heat Wrap Tape on their exhaust pipes? I've been using a Hockey Type shin guard But it is a pain plus it looks real stupid. I was wondering the pros & cons of the wrap. They have it in colors now.:shrug::hmm:Irish:scoot::nuts:

Irish
05-10-2016, 11:31 AM
Has anyone ever used that Heat Wrap Tape on their exhaust pipes? I've been using a Hockey Type shin guard But it is a pain plus it looks real stupid. I was wondering the pros & cons of the wrap. They have it in colors now.:shrug::hmm:Irish:scoot::nuts:

I guess on a regular scooter , you wouldn't need it. I was hoping that someone rode something that needed it. Oh well , it was worth a try!:thanks::shrug::sIrish:scoot::nuts:

Irish
05-10-2016, 11:38 AM

I guess that you wouldn't need it on a regular scooter. I was hoping
that someone rode something that needed it. I'll probably just try it! What can I lose except the cost of the tape & some work?:thanks::shrug::hmm:Irish:scoot::nuts:

rks
05-11-2016, 08:19 AM
You would probably have better luck with your question, on a Harley Trike Forum.....there must be one around somewhere.

I belong to a forum that is specifically for my model of BMW (Chromeheads.org), this forum is for just R1200C, and R1200CL bikes. Then there is another site called 'Sovietsteeds', that I frequent for tips, and etc. pertaining to my Russian made Ural.

If there are forums geared toward my Ural 3 wheeler, there must be Harley trike forums around.......for there certainly are more Harleys in this country, than there are Urals.

Irish
05-11-2016, 01:14 PM
You would probably have better luck with your question, on a Harley Trike Forum.....there must be one around somewhere.

I belong to a forum that is specifically for my model of BMW (Chromeheads.org), this forum is for just R1200C, and R1200CL bikes. Then there is another site called 'Sovietsteeds', that I frequent for tips, and etc. pertaining to my Russian made Ural.

If there are forums geared toward my Ural 3 wheeler, there must be Harley trike forums around.......for there certainly are more Harleys in this country, than there are Urals.

R.K.S.---Thanks , but I'm not sure that my bike would qualify as a Harley Trike. I test-rode an OFFICIAL full sized Harley Trike at the dealer & told them that it was bigger (in size) than I wanted & to call me if they got anything smaller in. I thought that was the last that I'd hear from them. Lo & Behold they called me about three weeks later. Someone had turned in a Sportster 1200 with a trike kit (smaller than stock) I looked at it & it was basically what I wanted (size-wise) the kit was installed correctly & I bought it. I would rather have a 103 eng but they didn't make them , in 2006. Until I have enough $ for a Freewheeler , I'll live with it!:shrug::hmm: Irish:scoot::nuts: