PDA

View Full Version : Counterfeit Fed Notes

bull
04-27-2016, 04:45 PM
Was just reading this article from Bloomberg Business which brought up a personal internal conflict.

Fantastic Fakes (http://www.bloomberg.com/features/2016-counterfeit-money/?cmpid=BBD042716_BIZ&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&utm_campaign=)

My internal conflict:

Sooner or later in the USA you get called upon to be a juror and i am torn as to whether or not I could find anyone guilty of counterfeiting or even bank robbery since the federal reserve notes we all carry and accept are NOT really money.

They are in point of fact "Promissory notes" from a private corporation that has never been fully audited and those "Promissory notes" are not really U.S. currency. Nor are they backed by the "Full Faith and Credit of the United States of America".

How do all of you feel about this?

Irish
04-28-2016, 11:41 AM
I always figured-Who am I to judge anybody! Point: When someone first meets me , they don't like me because I have the look of a very mean & nasty person. Once they get to know me they find that I'm really a fairly nice guy. If unknown , I would be found GUILTY on their first judgment.:shrug::hmm: Irish:scoot::nuts:
P.S My father is an ex-State Cop. He always told me-If you get called for Jury Duty , just tell them that your father was a cop & the lawyers will throw it out saying that you have a prejudiced attitude!