PDA

View Full Version : Anyone?!

Janefin
04-21-2016, 08:10 AM
Is there anyone here from NC?

I am trying to find out how to get a license or a permit on a Motor Scooter?

I only have a driving permit right now, can I still get a motor scooter permit?

wheelbender6
04-21-2016, 09:34 AM
Sorry. I've lived all over, but never NC. In TX, you would not be able to ride a 50cc scooter on the road without completing the two day MSF course. You could legally ride a bicycle with a 50cc motor without taking the MSF.

Janefin
04-21-2016, 09:41 AM
I've heard of that course, Googling but it does not say on the DMV site.

I might want to take it anyway, even if not.

I actually want to get a 150cc motor scooter, so I could speed up in case of emergencies for example if someone decides to run a stop light.

Hopefully I can get a North Carolinian in here for clarification? I tried contact the DMV only to get an auto message. :/

thank you for the reply.

cheapeto
04-21-2016, 04:03 PM
Yeah, it is a bit confusing to me also.
http://www.ncdot.gov/dmv/driver/license/default.html

I've scooted down that way to ride with some Ruckus's and Groms, once in greenville, and once in Hickory. This years meet up, is in Winston Salem.
Good luck, and really think about the MSC, it may not be perfect but it honestly helped me a huge amount.

Janefin
04-21-2016, 06:06 PM
I will, might take one since they are offering it at my community college, I am already going to anyway. I dont understand why they dont offer driving courses to. they really should, it will help out so many college students.

wheelbender6
04-22-2016, 12:30 PM
A 150 Cc scoot can safely travel on roads with higher speed limits than a stock 50cc scoot. I commute on roads with speed limits as high as 50 mph on my 125cc scoot. It's a matter of your budget and how fast you need to go.