PDA

View Full Version : Question!

Irish
04-11-2016, 11:29 AM
Perhaps one of us "older folks" can answer this. As you get older & hopefully wiser , do you ever outgrow your youthful bad habits? EX: The other day , I went for a ride. I was on a road that was two lanes each way. I was being careful because my wife had told me that the Police were out in force & were giving out tickets over almost nothing. I was cruising at about 50 in a 40 zone. A customized Mustang pulled up along side of me & kept hitting the gas & slowing until he was next to me & doing it again. After many times , I kicked it from 5th to 4th & hit the gas! After burying him , I looked & I was doing 80 in that 40 zone. I slowed & thought-What's wrong with me? I'm 72 now , not 30/40. I'm supposed to have more sense than to do that. Does anyone of us "older folks" know if you ever get smart enough to outgrow those "old" habits?:tdown::shrug: Irish:scoot::nuts:

wheelbender6
04-11-2016, 09:36 PM
Behaving that way slows the ageing process, Irish. You don't want to outgrow that behavior. You just gave that young fellow a valuable lesson about "power to weight ratio". By the way, you were on the Harley trike?

Irish
04-12-2016, 12:42 PM
Behaving that way slows the ageing process, Irish. You don't want to outgrow that behavior. You just gave that young fellow a valuable lesson about "power to weight ratio". By the way, you were on the Harley trike?

Yes!!!! I was on the Harley Trike!:clap::s Irish:scoot::nuts:

bull
04-12-2016, 02:30 PM
I hope that I never get old, if it means not having some fun. I now know when and where to do it better than I did when younger.

Irish
04-13-2016, 11:30 AM
The thing that bothers me is that I didn't pay any attention to my surroundings (Police , etc.) I just reverted back to my "old" self! I guess you always follow your old habits , unless you consciously make an effort to do so.:tdown::shrug: Irish:scoot::nuts:

Irish
05-31-2016, 10:20 AM
I did it again yesterday! I guess you never outgrow old habits! It's almost like there is a spring attached to my throttle hand.:shrug::tdown: Irish:scoot::nuts: