PDA

View Full Version : New 50cc Future Vip Issue

Rpolino
04-03-2016, 04:33 PM
I just picked up (2)50CC scooters from the saferwhole warehouse close to my house in Illinois. They started the scooters there and they did ok Friday. I rented a trailer and took I to a summer house in Michigan.

The one scooter runs great. The other one started good but while in 30 minutes I couldn't keep it started or running.

As I did more research I found the one that works ok is a 2015.

The other is a 2014 so I am assuming it was sitting on their showroom for a year or so and this may be one of the issues.

The scooter's first issue was when I started it the idle would jump and then once the automatic choke cycled the bike would die. Or when I give it gas it would die out. I did a bunch of research through forums and found to adjust the idle screw and Air/fuel screw. So I pulled the carb drilled out the cap over the air fuel screw finding the screwed all the way in.

I Put the carb back on then backed the screw out about 2 turns. Now I can get the bike to stay started and when I give it gas it accelerations fine.

Here is the odd part. When you turn the throttle you have to slowly un-throttle or else it will bog down and die. So the bike revs up fine and idles ok but if you rev the motor and let go of throttle it bogs then dies out.

My thinking right now is a jet in the carb might be fouled up. The carb only has studs in it so I can not take it apart without drilling those out. I do not want to do this. My plan is to order a new carb. (Any suggestions i am thinking from scrappydawg)

Do you think my issue is the carb or something else any thoughts would help.

Also I would take it back from where I got it but the cost rent a trailer again take it back for repair then rent another trailer once repaired will be a lot more then if I just repair. (I hope)

Irish
04-04-2016, 10:39 AM
If you got it from SaferWholesale.com. I hope that you have better luck with them than I did! To me they are one of the biggest ripoff artists going! Good Luck!! Irish
P.S. My $.02.

Rpolino
04-04-2016, 07:14 PM
Yes it was from a saferwholesale warehouse in IL

rks
04-05-2016, 06:33 AM
Sure sounds like a carb problem. Were these scoots pre assembled, or still crated at time of purchase? Did you do a PDI on these scoots? There are instructions for one in the "General Scooter Discussion" section on this forum (1st thread in that section). Other PDI's can be found by doing a quick search.

Carbs are avilable at a lot of places for about $25.

If your scoot did sit for a while, with any gas in the tank....this could be the cause of your carb problem. Ethanol blended gas, and sitting around = big headaches. If you bought it dry...and put gas in it yourself, there may have been some trash in the tank or the fuel line, that plugged something up, causing it to quit after running for a while.

I bought my scoot from the same type of place that you did. It was shipped from California to my place in a crate. I tinkered with it for two weeks before I started it for the first time. A comprehensive PDI may take some time, but is well worth the effort, for my scooter now has over 9,100 miles on it, without a single breakdown....I have never had to remove or clean the carb.....but I run non ethanol gas only, with a half ounce of MMO added to each fillup.

You'll get it sorted out, but don't forget to check the rest of your machine over, valve lash, nuts & bolts, electrical connections, get rid of the rubber fuel lines, etc, etc.

Rpolino
04-05-2016, 08:50 PM
I did an inspection to the best of my ability. When I picked the bike up it started and seemed ok, but when I brought it home and took it for a ride with in minutes it started to mess up. I should of taken more time on it.

It was sitting for probably a 1 1/2 years. The battery doesn't accept a charge also. I was able to take that back and swap it out. I ordered a replacement carb from scrappydog. Will replace this weekend.

I have been doing a lot of research and found the stock carb kinda sucks anyway. Along with the fuel and vaccum lines. anything you would recommend changing right off the bat?

Also this weekend I will check the valve spacing to assure they are at .005 intake and exhaust.

I appreciate all your help.

scootercapecod
04-05-2016, 11:26 PM
make sure you do the valve lash at 500, 1000, and 1500 mi and then at 3000. As for the carb and fuel issues replacing most everything from the tank up is the best way to go IMHO the whole setup sucks. get a bigger diameter fuel filter like the ones that get used on a lawnmower engine and better fuel lines as mentioned. You did the right thing on junking the OEM carb, they're pretty much garbage and simple enough to change out. I also agree on the COMPLETE PDI! Don't take anything for granted with these chinese knockoff scooters. Don't mistake me for a hater here though, they can be good scooters BUT you must do your maintenance to keep them going.