PDA

View Full Version : I'm new.. and need some help

zippy75
03-28-2016, 02:54 PM
Hey. I think I used to be on the old boards but I'm here now and looking for some help. I have a 2008 Linhai Aeolus 300. Here's my questions:

1. Is it true that my bike (Aeolus 300) is really a 260 cc engine?
A. threads referencing a linhai 260 would mean "my bike", correct?
B. Is Aeolus 300 the same as Mainstreet 300?

I need to replace the front right shock as it has leaked a lot of fluid. I found the parts list found it to be part # 40502. I remember the old boards talking up "Jim at Sunright" as the "Go To Guy"... 2 weeks ago, I tried ordering the part from Ralph @ Sunright and I don't think he even placed an order at all. He said I'd get it in 3 days but I've not been charged anything. I called back last week and he said "he'd look into it and call me back". What a joke...

2. Is SUNRIGHT even legit anymore? What does it take to place an order?
3. Is there *anywhere else* in the USA that will take my US dollars in exchange for the part I need in a reasonable time frame and not treat me like I'm a distraction?
4. Is this part *really specific* to my bike or are shocks for bike types interchangeable?

The names of these bikes seem to be interchangeable and can be confusing to a newbee. So, I'm just trying to get a part that will fit and also read threads that would actually be pertinent to me. Thanks for anyone who can offer some helpful advice. I WANNA RIDE! Help me get my bike fixed! thanks..

bandito2
03-29-2016, 12:40 AM
Hey. I think I used to be on the old boards but I'm here now and looking for some help. I have a 2008 Linhai Aeolus 300. Here's my questions:

1. Is it true that my bike (Aeolus 300) is really a 260 cc engine?
A. threads referencing a linhai 260 would mean "my bike", correct?
B. Is Aeolus 300 the same as Mainstreet 300?

I need to replace the front right shock as it has leaked a lot of fluid. I found the parts list found it to be part # 40502. I remember the old boards talking up "Jim at Sunright" as the "Go To Guy"... 2 weeks ago, I tried ordering the part from Ralph @ Sunright and I don't think he even placed an order at all. He said I'd get it in 3 days but I've not been charged anything. I called back last week and he said "he'd look into it and call me back". What a joke...

2. Is SUNRIGHT even legit anymore? What does it take to place an order?
3. Is there *anywhere else* in the USA that will take my US dollars in exchange for the part I need in a reasonable time frame and not treat me like I'm a distraction?
4. Is this part *really specific* to my bike or are shocks for bike types interchangeable?

The names of these bikes seem to be interchangeable and can be confusing to a newbee. So, I'm just trying to get a part that will fit and also read threads that would actually be pertinent to me. Thanks for anyone who can offer some helpful advice. I WANNA RIDE! Help me get my bike fixed! thanks..

From what I can see from searches, the 260 and 300 are not the same thing.

I find this and yet it is even confusing to me... (and I've been around a while... though admittedly not so much with Chinese scooters but I do try to be informed about them) Ad copy says 300cc, but specifications state 275cc
http://www.gekgo.com/linhai-gas-scooters.html
And! it is just as confusing with the info on the Mainstreet 260 which states that it uses a 300cc Yamaha engine. I begin to get a sense of your confusion.

Anyway, with more digging I find these 2 sites:
http://www.scrappydogscooters.com/LH170MN_Linhai_257___275.html

And this one; which seems to have parts for your bike.
http://www.scootertronics.com/linhai-aeolus-scooter-parts.html

There is a phone number you can call to order parts. And I clicked on
"body controls" and got the "DIAMO TOURISTA" Parts catalog... Looks like the Aeolus, just with a different badge. The catalog shows part# and code. Looks like the code # is the same for the Aoelus 300.
PART # 05-028-05A02 CODE 40502 RIGHT FRONT SHOCK ABSORBER ASSY
Seems to cover most everything with part #s and such. Looks like you'd need to call to check on parts availability and prices.
HTH

zippy75
03-29-2016, 02:18 PM
Thanks for the reply! Also, thanks for digging into the scootertronics site. Glad you can see how confusing this can be. I think you are correct that 300 and 260 are not the same. I remember now that the 300cc is actually 275cc - just rounded up.. Either way, unless you deal with this stuff on a daily basis it's more than a little confusing.

Plus the part I need isn't related to the engine anyway, and a lot of these bikes look identical.. So, that's why I can't understand the difficulty in grabbing a front right shock. I'd bet it's the same part for most bikes but I'm hoping an expert can weigh in here on that thought...

I called scrappydog yesterday and they only offer the parts that they have on their website. So no dice... but the guy said I could probably get it from Yamaha. I checked there but the part is $350+!!!!! No thanks...

I was hoping that some of the regulars here could point me to a reliable shop that they've dealt with personally. If that shop is sunright then I guess I don't know the secret there and would appreciate some insight.

zippy75
03-29-2016, 02:24 PM
just tried calling scootertronics. number goes to voicemail... voicemail is full... can't leave a message.

has anyone had any luck with this place?
http://www.partsatv.com/Linhai-LH300cc-s/95.htm

cheapeto
03-29-2016, 06:34 PM
http://www.partsforscooters.com/

I found these folks helpful a couple of times.