PDA

View Full Version : Getting Tao Tao Lancer 150 in two weeks - concerns

Mäwby
03-26-2016, 07:24 PM
It seems you have to do so much to them post delivery for them to even run properly. I'm starting to have doubts. Besides oil/gear oil change, what upgrades are necessary?

blueboy5000
03-29-2016, 01:40 PM
Nothing at all for 1000 miles. After that, you've fully broken in the engine. Then worry about upgrades.

rks
03-30-2016, 09:29 AM
Chinese Scooters are not for everyone. If you are unable, or unwilling to spend some time reading and wrenching, maybe a $3500 Japanese model would be a better choice.

Now...if you are willing to learn, spend some time tinkering and maintaining it properly, and ride it the way it was intended to be ridden....a Chinese scooter can be very rewarding. Well...at least mine has been, with a bit over 9,100 miles, it has never left me stranded, always starts, idles, and runs like a champ, and is no where near worn out. This is a stock drivetrain, with the exception of an aftermarket air cleaner, larger main jet, and 14gr sliders in the variator. Everything else is factory equipment.

Most of the, "my scooter is a POS" threads you see or read, can be blamed on operator error.

Mäwby
04-02-2016, 03:02 PM
Thanks for the replies. I'm very handy and have no problem maintaining the scooter. I'm the same with my SUV.