PDA

View Full Version : GOOD CARB ADJUSTMENT?? Help

palo1182
03-13-2016, 07:00 PM
Tomorrow i will be takeing the diaphragm out of my new carb with the needle and putting them onto my old carb seeing it ran better with old carb compared to new.

Where would you suggest starting the eclip on the needle off at
all the way low, middle, or high?

and the a/f screw on the side should i go all the way in and 2 1/2 turns out to start there? or what is your input!!!

My current plug is black when i took it out if that helps any!

Irish
03-14-2016, 11:06 AM
Tomorrow i will be takeing the diaphragm out of my new carb with the needle and putting them onto my old carb seeing it ran better with old carb compared to new.

Where would you suggest starting the eclip on the needle off at
all the way low, middle, or high?

and the a/f screw on the side should i go all the way in and 2 1/2 turns out to start there? or what is your input!!!

My current plug is black when i took it out if that helps any!
I would start at 1 1/2 turns out but that's on a motorcycle! If your plug is black it's probably too rich.:shrug::hmm: Irish:scoot::nuts:

palo1182
03-14-2016, 09:17 PM
Put old carb back and scooter runs great i just have a slight bog at take off then nothing after that what would cause that?

blueboy5000
03-16-2016, 05:32 AM
Gy6 carbs should start adjustments at 2 1/2 turns out. 99% of the time the final adjustment is somewhere 2 1/4 to 2 3/4.

Set it to 2 1/2, then take it out for ten miles, let it cool completely, and do a plug chop.

blueboy5000
03-16-2016, 05:39 AM
Your plug is black, therefore, your bike was running extremely rich.

Do not adjust deceleration needle until you have determined if adjusting your mixture screw is sufficient. Needle adjustment makes very broad adjustment.

When adjusting deceleration needle, raising the washer creates LEAN CONDITION, lowering the washer creates RICH CONDITION.