PDA

View Full Version : Need help TaoTao 50 problems

palo1182
03-12-2016, 08:16 PM
I bought a taotao 50 off a guy that let it sit for over a year. So i started with the simple things.

new plug, new oil, new fuel lines, new gas, and also adjusted the valves to .006 exhaust and .004 on intake.

I just put a new carb on last week and a new air box on today. Idk what the deal is now but when i ride the scooter and start to go up a hill it wants to bog down really bad like it is gettin a fuel cut. Idk what the deal is but my gas line comming out of my fuel pump is kinda leaking also could that be a bad fuel pump? just need some help here.

Also when i am just riding it giving it throttle and let off for a split second and give it throttle again it bogs for a second before it picks back up? Is my problem lean or rich running how would i go about fixing that with out a screw on the carb?

ForCom5
03-13-2016, 03:14 AM
Maybe switch from a vacuum to a manual valve?

palo1182
03-13-2016, 09:11 AM
That is my next step I work at a small engine shop for lawn mowers and things like that. We have a shut off valve for a Briggs engine would that work? Also what would I do with the vac line in that case?

blueboy5000
03-14-2016, 06:06 AM
That Briggs switch will work great. I routinely replace the vacuum fuel switches ( petcock) on all gy6 bikes that have tanks mounted up higher than the engine with that switch.

I've been using the Briggs fuel shut off switch on my bikes for 6 or 7 years.

blueboy5000
03-14-2016, 06:08 AM
If you install the switch, just plug the vacuum line that went to the old switch.