PDA

View Full Version : Scooter season is starting early

rks
03-12-2016, 06:34 PM
I know many of you live in warm climates, and ride nearly year round.....but up here in Western NY, the 2nd week of March is not normally bike weather.

This year is different, :clap: for I've had the scoot out 3 times this week, and covered 108 miles...burned through the full tank the scooter was stored with, so had to stop and fuel up this afternoon, first fuel up last year wasn't until April 16th.

Just wanted to say how good it is to get back out on two wheels. :scoot:

wheelbender6
03-12-2016, 08:51 PM
Wow. I wouldn't expect rideable weather in upstate NY in mid march. It has been far sunnier in the Houston area this time a year than we would normally expect.

ForCom5
03-13-2016, 03:10 AM
Feeling really fortunate to live in South Florida where the worst it gets is rainy...granted, rain is dangerous, but still technically ride-able.

Irish
03-16-2016, 11:52 AM
I would rather be in NH , than Florida. (The heat raises H**l with my Diabetes) but it sure is nice to be able to ride all year ! I used to ride in the winter (in NH) until I set up my bike for Drag Racing. 20 degrees is mighty cold! I put on 80 mi one New year day & it was so cold that I had to clutch with my palm because I couldn't bend my fingers anymore! YES , I like to ride!:s:shrug: Irish:scoot::nuts: