PDA

View Full Version : Genuine Rough House won't start w/ electric starter

scootercapecod
03-01-2016, 04:29 PM
Hmmmm, this is interesting... Last week it warmed up enough finally to get my scooter out of winter storage and take it out for a ride. Anyway, it ran great and started just fine even after I got gas, drove 50 miles and after getting home started it again outside just to show my buddies it was ready to go (and perhaps motivate them to get off the couch and ride). I went into the garage today and as I walked by I figured I'd fire it up seeing as we're forecasted to see 70 degree weather in the upcoming week :) Long story short, I turned the key, checked kill switch, held down the brake lever (you need to with mine, I guess it's a safety feature) and hit the button....NOTHING... no click, no crank, no sound at all. After a few times I unfolded the kick start and with only one light kick it fired right over! The battery doesn't seem to be dead, as the horn lights and signals all are bright and even when i press the starter there's no apparent draw. Any ideas? I checked wiring but didn't notice anything weird or loose.

blueboy5000
03-08-2016, 01:55 PM
Solenoid.

scootercapecod
04-05-2016, 11:09 PM
Seems ok now, for some reason i think there was something loose but after another go-through of connections it fired right up like nothing happened

scootercapecod
06-09-2016, 04:39 PM
Sorry to say it but leaving it outside locked on a porch behind a truck and it got stolen! Thus the new buddy 50

coreyman
06-10-2016, 05:14 AM
Was it insured against theft?