PDA

View Full Version : Why is my engine vibrating at high revs? 125cc

Burch455
02-20-2016, 11:29 AM
When im on low revs my engine sounds fine but as soon as i open throttle i cN feel the engine vibrate alot any ideas

bull
02-20-2016, 05:12 PM
check the engine support bushings, if good

remove as much of the cvt components and retest to confirm engine is problem

if ok, check rear tire for wobble

Burch455
02-24-2016, 05:32 PM
Before vibration accured it had new vairiator kit and belt put on could that be any problems

bandito2
02-24-2016, 11:27 PM
Possibly rollers/sliders are not operating properly or maybe not correctly installed in the variator. Maybe rear wheel out of balance.

(or maybe the gremlins get mad at the noise and jump up & down) just kiddin
But you should check the variator since it sounds like the last thing that was done to the bike.

Often, things that were changed are the culprits to the problem. And that is why the sage advice is given to change/modify only one thing at a time and test it and make sure it works/does what you want it to do. Changing too many things at once can send you on a wild goose chase trying to track down and resolve problems.

Not saying you changed too many things... just putting it out there since it is something that sometimes happens and advice to help keep one from needlessly creating their own problems.

bull
02-25-2016, 08:34 AM
Yes, as Bandito suggests, the engine variator is most likely where the problem is to be found.

skyrider
02-26-2016, 08:54 AM
I agree with all the above. But not to sidetrack, Bandito, I like your trailer, how did you make a hitch and mount??? Do you have any pics in more detail??Looks like you didn't mount a hitch on the rear axle, but I can't make out details on your avatar. Thanks ahead!!

bandito2
02-26-2016, 10:25 AM
I agree with all the above. But not to sidetrack, Bandito, I like your trailer, how did you make a hitch and mount??? Do you have any pics in more detail??Looks like you didn't mount a hitch on the rear axle, but I can't make out details on your avatar. Thanks ahead!!

Wow!! Glad you brought it up about the trailer. I have posted a story in various versions about it at several scooter forum sites but just realized I had not posted it here. And so I'll be posting "ROAMIN' CHARIOT" single wheel trailer story over in the General Scooter Discussion. Check it out. :scoot: