Sliders
Carberator
Racing no rev limit CDI
High firing ac Ignition coil
Jet the carb
Air filter
Brisk spark plug

On 2015 Tao Tao Thunder scooter

Please give me feedback on what to expect top speed guestimates from 30 to 35 mph...25 mph on hills

Thanks!
Mike
:scoot:

bull
01-07-2016, 09:58 PM
You need to establish a true performance baseline, as most speedometers are off by around 20% when tested vs a GPS. You should also use an accurate tachometer as they are also inaccurate.

Exhaust: stock tested shows no restrictions, but some "performance" do make more noise so there is some safety issues. also the better ones are designed to allow easier removal of the rear tire for service.

Variators: Tuning both the engine & clutch will yield better takeoff, decel and higher rpm top end

Carburetor: check the plug,if it is clean and tan color, then the fuel is about right; increasing fuel may not get any more performance on a stock engine. Fine tuning the carb with a 4 or 5 gas analyzer is best, but most can't afford one

CDIs & Performance coils: I have not found the need for them and in fact many of the BBKs I buy have them included but I don't use them. Currently, I have some for sale on CL. in case anyone is interested, here is the link

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/eat/mpo/5382456731.html

mw9185
01-11-2016, 03:37 PM
None of that made sense lol. Can u put into layman's terms on my specific question. What would u guestimate in a speed increase with all listed and tuned properly...Thanks!

scootercapecod
01-11-2016, 07:13 PM
In terms of actual speed it's rather minimal. Maybe you'll see a 3-5 MPH at best. The REAL difference you'll see is consistency and better overall running qualities of the scooter, better starts and smoother overall engine performance are never a bad thing so don't be discouraged by doing the upgrades! Remember though, there is no replacement for displacement, so if it's top end you want, a BBK or engine swap is the ticket.