PDA

View Full Version : Newly Recovered Stolen Benelli Andretti, Need A Little Help Please?

Impaired
11-05-2015, 08:25 PM
Hey guys so long story short, my Andretti benelli 150xt was stolen THREE years ago, and I just got it recovered. (thread about it in introductions forum)

I bought it for $700 at 2,500 miles, didn't run. Bought new cvt belt, changed oil, and tuned the idle screw and she turned over nicely, got the idle settled where it should be as close as I could by ear and she ran fine, never stalled, always started easily. She had bald tires after I put another 2,500 miles on it, so I had to let her sit until I had money for them.

When it was stolen it had 5,000 miles.

I took very good care of my bike, changed oil every 500-600 miles, barely rode it fully open for extended periods of time, and always used 93 gas.

I just got her back last week, I need to put some work into this thing to extend the longevity of its life span as I was riding a bike everywhere since its been stolen, and id like to keep it as long as possible. It did have new tires on it when I got it back though ;)

So far i have done the following

Wired a new ignition, its a little rough but it works.

Changed oil (oil that drained was TERRIBLE, LIKE BROWN BABY POO COLOR :'C ) cleaned air filters and box, replaced all turn signal bulbs (3 I'm missing a front turn signal).

Drained old gas, fixed a small leak in the line by removing the 1/2 inch corroded end and reattaching to gas tank outlet.

Put new gas in, inflated tires to recommended 33psi, took her for a good ride on the high way with moped tag to break her in, as far as I can tell she's running just as good as when she was stolen so far!

Things I've noticed that need fixing asap

Front head lamps are VERY dull, and one of my high beam bulbs is out completely.
I have no idea on how to tell which bulbs I need but I wanna replace all 4 (2 reg bulbs and the 2 high beams), can anyone tell me if they're all like universal for 150cc gy6 scooters? I've done a little research but I am not sure about the electrical part too much.

If not ill have to try to get to them and I guess pull them out and see the sizes or whatever differentiates them for one another.

Also I need turn signals, there's some turn signals on a site idk if I can mention it if they're not a sponsor here but they have these LED turn signals for like $16, but in the description it says they replace rear turn signals, can I still mount them in the front?

That's enough for now I guess. I'll update pictures tomorrow so you guys can see her and the condition and PLEASE RECOMMEND ANYTHING ELSE YOU THINK I SHOULD DO MAINTENANCE WISE

Thanks in advance guys!

Impaired
11-06-2015, 05:41 PM
Why no love guys? 16+ views and no responses?

Ok well, I opened up the front part of the scoot today, took out the one hi beam bulb that wasn't working at all, there's like brown residue on the outside of it so I guess its burnt up.
Found out its a Philips hs1 12636 35/35w halogen bulb.
Going to order two new ones next week because I'm getting new turn signals maybe today or tomorrow! (Please suggest me something.

I also took out the smaller bulbs that are extremely dim, they have been in that scoot since '09 so I'm hoping they're just dying and I don't have a r/r or stator issues.
These bulbs are weird though, they're just bulbs that taper at the end and have 4 wires coming out bent around the base, they fit in a little rubber socket thing that has two metal prongs inside of it. Does anyone know what bulbs these are? I can post a picture of them if I need too.

I'm ordering new front end turn signals today or tomorrow can someone give me a suggestion on some cool turn signals that'll look nice on this benelli please? Otherwise I'm just going to get those LED ones and try to mount them in the front I guess, I dont see why it wont work. (Please chime in if this wont work!!!!!

Help me out guys, I'm reading as much as I can but I would really value some experience input here, please!

scosgt
11-06-2015, 08:19 PM
The little bulbs are 194 bulbs. You should replace them with bright LED bulbs. That will save power and be brighter.
I don't know how much room you have, you may be able to consider these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2pcs-11W-6000K-White-921-T10-T15-Back-up-Reverse-LED-Lights-Bulb-Projector-Lens-/231312795990?hash=item35db512956:g:FRwAAOSw-vlViPBn

This seller has the brightest LED lights around, but you do need to make sure of your sizes - if they can fit. The base is universal, that is never a problem.

As far as headlights, two of the HS1 bulbs should work fine. Do your lights come on when you turn on the ignition before starting? If so, they are DC and you can even use HID, if the charging system supports it. I have these, they are H4 type, but the mount for HS1 is the same:

https://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/3800-Lumen-H4-LED-Headlight-bulb-_p_83.html

They are super bright. I don't understand how you can have 4 bulbs, HS1 are the same as H4 except 35 watts, they have both high and low filaments.

If you can not fit these, there are less bright LEDs that do not have a fan, but are still 35 watts. These require almost no additional space:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JDM-ASTAR-2x6th-Gen-5600-LM-CREE-H4-9003-White-Xenon-High-low-Beam-LED-Headlight-/231515456222

The HS1 is a new range halogen bulb (http://rd.bizrate.com/rd?t=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.claflinequip.com%2Fwelch-allyn-04100-14-5v-halogen-bulb.html%3Fcmpid%3DSPB0007000003%26utm_source%3Ds hopzilla%26utm_medium%3Dcse%26utm_term%3DCSE%2520% 252B%2520CESS-2987-00%26utm_campaign%3DShopzilla%252BCSE&mid=186111&cat_id=25000300&atom=10699&prod_id=&oid=5169226063&pos=1&b_id=18&bid_type=0&bamt=a5fedf14fd8fec0d&cobrand=1&ppr=b318b0f8813a0e94&af_sid=73&rf=af1&af_assettype_id=10&af_creative_id=2912) used in many smaller motorcycles, scooters, and snowmobiles. The only difference between the HS1 and an H4 bulb us that while the H4 has what is called a P43t fitting or base, the HS1 has a PX43t base (also written PX 43t and PX 43T. This different notation indicates that the middle pin at the base of the PX43t lamp is 1-2mm thicker than the corresponding pin of a P43t base. This thicker middle pin prevents the HS1 bulb from fitting into an automobile light socket (though the reverse is still possible). The HS1 has become the standard bulb for new two-wheeled vehicles in the United States, though any socket on such a vehicle which can support an HS1 bulb can also accept an older-styled H4 bulb. Attention for converting into H4 might be danger on both wires and lens cause melting.

Impaired
11-06-2015, 09:14 PM
The little bulbs are 194 bulbs. You should replace them with bright LED bulbs. That will save power and be brighter.
I don't know how much room you have, you may be able to consider these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2pcs-11W-6000K-White-921-T10-T15-Back-up-Reverse-LED-Lights-Bulb-Projector-Lens-/231312795990?hash=item35db512956:g:FRwAAOSw-vlViPBn

This seller has the brightest LED lights around, but you do need to make sure of your sizes - if they can fit. The base is universal, that is never a problem.

As far as headlights, two of the HS1 bulbs should work fine. Do your lights come on when you turn on the ignition before starting? If so, they are DC and you can even use HID, if the charging system supports it. I have these, they are H4 type, but the mount for HS1 is the same:

https://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/3800-Lumen-H4-LED-Headlight-bulb-_p_83.html

They are super bright. I don't understand how you can have 4 bulbs, HS1 are the same as H4 except 35 watts, they have both high and low filaments.

If you can not fit these, there are less bright LEDs that do not have a fan, but are still 35 watts. These require almost no additional space:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JDM-ASTAR-2x6th-Gen-5600-LM-CREE-H4-9003-White-Xenon-High-low-Beam-LED-Headlight-/231515456222

The HS1 is a new range halogen bulb (http://rd.bizrate.com/rd?t=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.claflinequip.com%2Fwelch-allyn-04100-14-5v-halogen-bulb.html%3Fcmpid%3DSPB0007000003%26utm_source%3Ds hopzilla%26utm_medium%3Dcse%26utm_term%3DCSE%2520% 252B%2520CESS-2987-00%26utm_campaign%3DShopzilla%252BCSE&mid=186111&cat_id=25000300&atom=10699&prod_id=&oid=5169226063&pos=1&b_id=18&bid_type=0&bamt=a5fedf14fd8fec0d&cobrand=1&ppr=b318b0f8813a0e94&af_sid=73&rf=af1&af_assettype_id=10&af_creative_id=2912) used in many smaller motorcycles, scooters, and snowmobiles. The only difference between the HS1 and an H4 bulb us that while the H4 has what is called a P43t fitting or base, the HS1 has a PX43t base (also written PX 43t and PX 43T. This different notation indicates that the middle pin at the base of the PX43t lamp is 1-2mm thicker than the corresponding pin of a P43t base. This thicker middle pin prevents the HS1 bulb from fitting into an automobile light socket (though the reverse is still possible). The HS1 has become the standard bulb for new two-wheeled vehicles in the United States, though any socket on such a vehicle which can support an HS1 bulb can also accept an older-styled H4 bulb. Attention for converting into H4 might be danger on both wires and lens cause melting.

Hey bro thanks for the input!

I really appreciate it, and I'm glad you told me the name of these little bulbs, I was already looking at a few smaller sized 12v LEDs that I think will fit.
The ones you linked would fit but id have to bore out the reflector cap hole to make the extra space and I just want them to work, not blind people :)

Yes the lights cut on with a flick of the key, but I'm just going to order the same bulbs that where in it for the high beams, they're like $6 a peice, and get some small LEDs To replace these small incandescent 194's that will fit.

I'll link a few I'm looking at can you please tell me if you think they'll fit in the socket correctly please? I guess they would since you say theyre all universal on the ends?

Thanks again for all the info, its noted, might even go HID route after all this other necesarry road safety work is done (lights, front signals)

Also, I think I might need to replace my back brake pads,....i know they're 220mm but that's about it, I cant try to find more info but I haven't been able to find replacement pads for it. (its a disk brake, not drum)

Edit:

Here's the ones in.going to get from that place you recommended, superbrightleds. Its the black 5 led can bus 194 replacements.
Found a side by side.image of it and the same incandescent bulb I pulled out earlier;

http://www.google.com/search?q=192+incandescent+wedge+bulb+dimensions&tbm=isch&oq=192+incandescent+wedge+bulb+dimensions&gs_l=mobile-heirloom-serp.12...16485.20796.0.22025.11.11.0.0.0.0.290.18 76.2j6j3.11.0....0...1c.1.34.mobile-heirloom-serp..8.3.436.PIcsHMYdOQw#mhpiv=13

I think it'll be a perfect fit.
Here's the specific one on the site, with more comparison pics;

https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/miniature-wedge-base/194-can-bus-led-bulb-5-smd-led-tower-miniature-wedge-retrofit-car/1127/#/tab/Specifications

scosgt
11-07-2015, 12:11 AM
No Sir, you do NOT need Canbus, and that is NOT what I recommended.
These are amazing if they will fit:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-T10-12V-Super-White-High-Power-EX-30-SMD-LED-Lights-Bulb-194-168-175-W5W-2825-/331633861590

I use them in both my bikes, and they are fantastic. They are the brightest I have found. You do NOT have to worry about blinding people with a T10 LED. Not even close.

As far as the headlights, they are about the same as standard H4 automotive bulbs, just lower wattage. I had them in a People S 250 and they worked fine. If they are dim you probably have an electrical problem.
My first bike was a Benelli Andretti M50. China junk all the way.

scosgt
11-07-2015, 12:26 AM
The two inner tail lights are the T10 (194) LED bulbs I recommended, in red.
The outer are the same but with the 1156 base (like in a car).

Impaired
11-07-2015, 07:07 AM
No Sir, you do NOT need Canbus, and that is NOT what I recommended.
These are amazing if they will fit:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-T10-12V-Super-White-High-Power-EX-30-SMD-LED-Lights-Bulb-194-168-175-W5W-2825-/331633861590

I use them in both my bikes, and they are fantastic. They are the brightest I have found. You do NOT have to worry about blinding people with a T10 LED. Not even close.

As far as the headlights, they are about the same as standard H4 automotive bulbs, just lower wattage. I had them in a People S 250 and they worked fine. If they are dim you probably have an electrical problem.
My first bike was a Benelli Andretti M50. China junk all the way.

Hey bro, ill check that link, I took your advice and was looking on brightest led site and I liked how the can bus 5 looked as its black and I was just trying to splash my own personal.prefrence on your advice, hope I didn't offend you, I really appreciate your help so far man!

So the can bus wont fit? Or you think they're just not bright enough? These bulbs dont need to be super bright they just need to replace the standard 194 incandescent bulbs that are old, from 2009.

The HS1 are the high beam in this bike, so if I need extra visibility I hit a switch and both the 194's and the HS1 cut on, that's what I meant by blinding people.

As far as I know I'm hoping its just old bulbs, they're all factory from 2009, no other light/electrical problems so ill try new bulbs and I guess if they're dim too ill look at the R/R.

Only.problem with the ones you originally suggested is idk if they'll fit in my bike, they're really long. I'll try to get some measurements today and see if I cab make it fit, because being bright on a scoot isn't a bad idea at all.

Thanks again brother.

scosgt
11-07-2015, 01:58 PM
You just don't listen. You do not need Canbus. You need a bright LED that will fit.

Impaired
11-07-2015, 07:53 PM
You just don't listen. You do not need Canbus. You need a bright LED that will fit.

Hey brother, thanks again for posting.
I've must have read your posts and checked those links at least 20 times today.
Please dont assume I am not listening, I was just asking a question bro I didn't say I was going to order them.

I really appreciate your advice and I don't want to frustrate you or anyone else, I am trying my best on my end I promise, I'm far from a mechanic but I learn really fast.

The vendor on eBay for the last LEDs you linked only takes PayPal, I dont have a PayPal or eBay account either.

How about these? They're the brightest alternatives I could find that will fit.
I checked specs and everything and I think they'll be at least 2x as good as the incandescent 194's.

Its 15 LED around 15-20 watt comparison, forgot the lumens but the pictures look way brighter than pictures of the 194 incandescent.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/miniature-wedge-base/194-led-bulb-15-smd-led-tower-miniature-wedge-retrofit-car/910/

Please dont be angry, I'm a newb after all. I seriously appreciate the continued support.:thanks:

Impaired
11-10-2015, 08:00 PM
Okay so a little update, last two days rained and i couldn't work on the scooter.
Today I took all the rear end plastics and seat/compartment off the scooter and re connected the carb to the air box hose, THIS WAS NOT EASY, I had to use an extra wide hose clamp to get it on there...
Put all plastics together and rewired the rear light assembly, its just one plug to controls the rear/brake/blinkers.
Easy work.

She's running way better now not as noisy either.

I should have the new turn signals tomorrow so ill install them and take some pictures and upload them here.

I'm waiting to get the head light bulbs (HS1 and LED 194 replacements) because I need to seal the head light covers to the body, moister is getting in there and I think that's why the other bulb blew to begin with.
Can someone link me something I can use to seal my headlight covers to the body please?