PDA

View Full Version : laid down scooter alignment

scootersax
11-01-2015, 08:19 AM
Hi this is my first post. I laid down my scooter last year and haven't rode it since because the front wheel will not line up. The axle is straight and when I pull the shocks out of the forks I can straight it up but as soon as I start to tighten the forks up the wheel turns. The forks are straight with the handle bars... am I missing something or do I need new forks?

kz1000st
11-01-2015, 10:50 AM
A kinked top clamp on the forks? It's hard to imagine what you're saying but it sounds like when you tighten up the bolts that clamp the forks to the steering head it twists.

scootersax
11-01-2015, 06:52 PM
I've tried to up load a picture but when the struts are placed in the forks the tire turns out to the right side. The fender is straight with the handle bars. So it looks like the wheel is not straight. I have no rub on the break caliper. The tires spins straight on the axle.

blueboy5000
11-05-2015, 08:13 AM
Replace the fork crown.

Irish
11-05-2015, 10:45 AM
I agree that your trees are probably bent! Many yrs ago , I got hit & run , on a BSA that I had. When I rode it , it felt fine to me but the few that I would trust to ride it , all felt it right away! It doesn't take much of a mis - alignment! Irish