PDA

View Full Version : Recommended battery for 50cc

skyrider
11-01-2015, 08:13 AM
Just wanted to put in a good word for Motobatt. My scoot recommends a 4ah battery, but for size I ended up with a MBTZ7S 7ah that lasted me 5yrs with avg 3x/wk daily use. Got it from PartsforScooters for $80 plus shipping. Technically I got 4yrs, cause every few months I had to recharge it during the 5th year. (use a Battery Tender Junior).

Just a month ago I replaced it with another Motobatt, MBTX4U for just over $50 including shipping. Its a 4ah, smaller than the MBTZ7s, but fits fine with a small block of wood. Its starting great, even on cold mornings. I'm sure you can find Motobatt cheaper but I've been very impressed, in fact, I was getting slight surging at full speed wtih my old Motobatt, but since getting the new battery the surging went away.:clap::yay:

rks
11-01-2015, 05:07 PM
It is nice when ya find something that actually works as it should, instead of turning to poo-poo in a few short months.

scootercapecod
11-09-2015, 02:20 PM
you should do fine with a 7Ah motorcycle or tractor battery unless you have a BBK installed. In which case i'd go with a 9Ah battery