PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Honda Reflex Sport Windshield

shickey2
09-21-2015, 10:17 PM
Can I change the windshield on the sport to a taller windshield? The sport windshield is too short? Who can I purchase the taller one from?

wheelbender6
09-23-2015, 08:04 PM
If not, you can get clip-on windshield extensions like this one.
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/puig-clip-on-windscreen-visor?utm_source=product&kwd=&gclid=Cj0KEQjwm4mwBRCni-ivmePYivkBEiQAdGkkliyUbk_jxAY_P112M45xIdnYLKZOnzYS SthW47zJ9jUaAsck8P8HAQ&kpid=945995
http://images3.revzilla.com/product_images/0078/2785/puig_adj_clipon_visor315_mm_detail.jpg

bandito2
09-23-2015, 11:23 PM
Yes. The standard taller windscreen will also fit. In fact, all the body plastics & the standard model rear wing and sport model chrome grab rail/passenger backrest are completely interchangeable. Used windscreens can sometimes be found for sale on ebay or you could get an OEM windscreen from a place like www.servicehonda.com but it's $182.11. The windscreen for the Jonway Reflex clone might fit... I don't know for sure, but it is advertised as a Honda Reflex replacement. Surely it would be cheaper than OEM, but so would a used OEM windscreen which I know for sure will fit.

I have the taller windscreen on my Sport models and basically gave away the shorty windscreens long time ago. I even use a rear wing in place of the chrome grab rail so I can hook up the single wheel trailer.

Everything is interchangeable between all years and all models of the Honda Reflex with these exceptions: 2004-2007 models use a larger output charging system so the stator, right crankcase cover and voltage regulator are not compatible with 2001-2003 models and vice versa. Not absolutely sure about the wiring harness between the two model year groups though. But probably not, since part#s don't match. Ditto for ABS model wiring harnesses.

ABS and non-ABS wiring harnesses are not interchangeable. Of course that includes some of the brake line plumbing as well since a non-ABS bike does not have the ABS modulator nor pulser rings on the wheels or speed sensors, electronics or ABS indicator light up in the gauges.