PDA

View Full Version : Once a scoot, always a scoot

minipopkart
09-02-2015, 01:42 PM
Hello All -

Just wanted to introduce myself. You will know me by my user name: Minipopkart.
I am going to chronicle my experience on buying a Chinese scooter.

I am returning to a scooter after a 30 year hiatus. My first scooter was a black and red Honda Aero 50, which I loved. My brother "borrowed" it for college.... and well, it never made it home.

Now that I'm certain that the scooter isn't making it home, it's time to try to something new. :taunt: A lot has changed in the industry from what I've seen. I've noticed a lot of online Chinese scooter vendors selling re-branded scooters. After researching various vendors, I went with Proven Powersports because they had a nice CARB approved 150cc scooter, the SSR Interceptor made by Znen. Out the door, delivered to my California address came out to $1269.95. The best price I've seen online. My second choice might have been Killer Motor Sports.

I placed my order on Friday, August 28, 2015. Today is Wednesday, September 2, 2015 and the order is still in a processing state. I called today and they said that they should be sending out for shipping later today.

More updates to be posted, as they materialize.

:scoot:

Admin
09-02-2015, 03:57 PM
Welcome to ScootDawg! :tup: Congrats on the purchase, can't wait to hear more about it! :)

minipopkart
09-02-2015, 06:56 PM
Order status has changed from "Processing" to "Item Shipped!".

minipopkart
09-03-2015, 08:17 PM
Delivery/Shipping firm confirmed delivery for tomorrow, Friday Sept 04, 2015 between 11am and 5pm.

wheelbender6
09-03-2015, 10:22 PM
Welcome to the forum. I am all too familiar with what happens to things that you loan to your brother.

podeluv
09-17-2015, 06:24 PM
Hello All -

Just wanted to introduce myself. You will know me by my user name: Podeluv.
I just bought a 2015 Roketa 150cc scooter and wanted to join the forum to document my experiences good and bad.

This is my first scooter I have ever owned. I decided to get a scooter since I just moved 10 miles from work and figured it would be nice commute. So far everyone thinks I’m crazy but I’m loving it. I already have close to 400 miles on it and I have only had it 3 months.

I looking forward to reading others posts as well as their experiences with scooters.