PDA

View Full Version : brake fluid reservoir seals

mainescoot
08-08-2015, 04:09 PM
Has anyone ever found a supplier for the black rubber "accordion" expanding seal for the top of the hydraulic brake reservoirs on typical Chinese scooters?

I can find new cover plates, complete new brake assemblies with reservoir, and even a few rebuild kits for the piston with seals, but I haven't found anywhere listing just the top expanding rubber diaphragm seal.

mainescoot
08-14-2015, 03:00 PM
Given no responses in 10 days, I guess it's safe to assume that there is no source for these seals :-(

kz1000st
08-14-2015, 05:13 PM
Did you try Eagle ATV parts, Roketa.com, partsforscooters or even someone like Bintelli? If there's even a slight chance Matt Maney at PFS would know.

mainescoot
08-16-2015, 03:44 PM
I did look at PartsForScooters, Eagle ATV and a bunch of other Chinese scooter parts suppliers. They all had a bunch of different gaskets for everything but the brake fluid reservoir and they had braking system parts including hoses, reservoir top covers and entire brake assemblies - but no reservoir gasket/seal.

I did not try emailing any of the sites and asking though. I assume if they sold the seal it would be on their website with all the other braking system stuff, but I guess it's worth a shot. I don't currently NEED new seals, but I was overhauling the braking system on a used scooter, flushing the brake lines etc. and I would have replaced these seals if they had been available, since the old ones were deformed at the edges and encrusted with ???. I cleaned them off and reused them but I was surprised that replacements are so hard to find

kz1000st
08-16-2015, 08:29 PM
If you call and ask you might get better results. If they don't stock it they might be able to order it or know where you could get it. There's a lot of knowledge out there. I'm sure a dealer somewhere has needed one and most of these scooters use the same parts.