PDA

View Full Version : New from China, Originally from California...don't know what I have...please help.

hellremix
08-06-2015, 09:08 PM
Sup guys,

I'm now residing in china, from originally from Los Angeles, California.
I recently bought a scooter for super cheap...cuz you know its from China..
I have no idea what it is, hopefully the more experienced guys can tell me. I've tried doing research but i can't seem to find this exact model.
All I know it has a 150cc gy6 engine, engine model code is JD1P57QMJ-A.
I have some pictures, hopefully you guys could shed some light on what type of scooter this is:doh:
Anything would be appreciated.
Thanks

kz1000st
08-06-2015, 09:38 PM
I never saw JD on a GY6 before. 1P57QMJ is a torquier model that many manufacturers use. After that they're all the same. Are you having a problem or just curious?

hellremix
08-07-2015, 09:56 PM
I never saw JD on a GY6 before. 1P57QMJ is a torquier model that many manufacturers use. After that they're all the same. Are you having a problem or just curious?

It's curiosity and I also want to start modifying...so it would be nice to know what I have before buying all sorts of parts that don't fit.

kz1000st
08-08-2015, 10:32 AM
I have a 1P57QMJ motor in my scooter. I managed to break the cylinder head and worried about all the "A P motor is different" stuff. I asked everyone I could think of and the answer was this "It's BS". I put a $50 standard head on my scoot from Scrappydog and it fit like it was built for it. Worse is that the cheapo head has made the scooter faster and more responsive, accelerating faster and getting the same gas mileage as the "Better" P motor cylinder head. You can check the dimensions but I don't think you have anything to worry about.

wheelbender6
08-08-2015, 12:50 PM
A scooter should put some fun in your commute. Keep sending pics.