PDA

View Full Version : New from Oakland, CA

shortscoot13
07-26-2015, 06:36 PM
Hello guys,

I've purchased my first scooter today, a Lance Cali Classic 125! I'm one of those who transitioned over from many years of owning a car (and driving alone in it wasting $$ gas and insurance).

From my username, I'm only 5'1 and find it a tad bit difficult with the weight of the scooter. Anyone have any tips on how to handle this? I LOVE the scooter but am scared of it falling on my little legs.

(Well, it's not THAT bad. Maybe I just need some help easing my anxiety over this new change). Well, any comments, tips or trick, or a HAPPY Hi will do! Also, if you live in Oakland as well, you can maybe spare some scooter parking tips.

Great to be part of this community! Hope to learn lots and lots and lots!

Modene
07-26-2015, 08:39 PM
How about some thick sole Shoes or boots with a heel. Did you not sit on it before you bought it. Sounds like you need a seat height of around 25". Maybe a custom seat to lower the seat height. :scoot:

Admin
07-27-2015, 01:27 AM
Glad to have you with us here on the forum... welcome! :)

kz1000st
07-27-2015, 09:44 AM
It seems intimidating now but you will get used to it. You picked a good scooter. Enjoy it and ride often. You have the weather for it.

wheelbender6
07-27-2015, 08:24 PM
Welcome to the forum. I was pretty close to buying a Lance before I bought the Buddy. Lances are good scoots. When I am waiting at a stoplight, I lean the scoot over to one side so that one foot completely touches the ground: heel to toe. Otherwise, I'm on my tip toes if I put both feet down while seated.