PDA

View Full Version : Cargo Trailer for Scooter

bull
07-24-2015, 10:28 AM
I am needing a cargo trailer for a scooter so that I can haul things to a cabin in WV. I don't have time to build one.

Found a few bicycle cargo trailers and they all look easy enough to modify for use behind a scooter. But I have my doubts about the weights they can haul and more importantly the bearings in the wheels when going on a road trip.

Thought about adding a Zerk fitting into each wheel hub to add lubricant and using a Kendall product, but still very concerned. The two that I am considering are a Veelar and an Aosom.

The Aosom says it will haul up to 180lbs, which would allow me to take more stuff with each trip. The Veelar is fold able, which bothers me some about real world capability.

Any thoughts about these or any other bicycle cargo trailer? Any experience with any bicycle trailers?

crossbolt
11-22-2015, 02:20 PM
Harbor Freight has a PERFECT trailer for 1 7/8" ball, about 150 lbs empty. Pulling one behind Kymco People GTi300. No sweat with at least 150 lbs inside trailer.

Karl

Irish
11-23-2015, 11:05 AM
Some bikes say (in the owners manual) that you shouldn't tow with them! I know everyone does. I know MY owners manual says that it is not to be used for towing!:shrug: Irish :scoot::nuts: