PDA

View Full Version : Pdi?

robbiehahn
07-12-2015, 11:59 PM
Hi all,I am newbie, I bought a used 1year old jonway 250yyt from private ad. He bought it from mega scooter in ca. Do you know if that dealer does any pdi before they ship it? The guy I bought it from did not know. I have changed the oil with 0-40 synthetic anyways, but dont know if I should do more besides checking all the bolts , and everything for tightness, connections. Thanks, I maybe an idiot but I couldnt find any sections on pdi.
Ride safe!

kz1000st
07-13-2015, 06:03 PM
Do a search on the web for the PDI. If you checked all the bolts for tightness and the electrical connections for clean and tidiness you're most of the way there. If you find certain bolts loosening up after a spell you could use Loctite on them later.

Shadowfire
07-13-2015, 08:33 PM
Do the PDI.

rks
07-14-2015, 06:18 PM
Darn good idea to do one, probably even more important on a perviously owned unit, than a new one........mega scooters is probably Megamotormadness, and is one of those places that get these scoots in by the container load, put them in a warehouse, then ship them out to a buyer in the same, untouched, crate it arrived from China in.....and judging by your conversation with original owner, I doubt anything had been done to your scooter since it rolled off the assembly line. So, give it a good going over.

My Jonway 150 came new from the same type of place in California, I did a good PDI, keep up on maintenance, and I drive it sensibly......It is in it's 4th season of service, without a breakdown. Not saying I haven't replaced a few parts (battery, rear tire, variator rollers, spark plug boot, and recently the auto enricher), but it has always started, idled, and run great....no pushing it down the road, or calling for a rescue, have been needed for my little Jonway.

Almost forgot to say welcome aboard, and enjoy your new ride.

Ebuddy
07-14-2015, 09:22 PM
Yea.. I'd say a PDI is always a "must".

I've now purchased 3 scoots over the last 7/8 years (all used) and at the very least, a PDI gives you a good walk through of the innards and often can help you spot a potential problem before it gets worse. On mine (yy250T), a couple threads on the crank were bad, almost causing the outside of the variator to spin off. I could tell by the inside of the CVT cover that it had already happened at least once. I didn't want that to happen on the freeway. ;-)