PDA

View Full Version : Hello and I love my new[to me] moped! :)

ds1615
07-11-2015, 11:49 PM
Hi guys, just wanted to say it's glad to have a ride!

I bought a used Super Power Speed YY50QT-6, but needless to say it's a 139QMB engine. After I bought it I broke the left crankcase cover, replaced it, had to buy better hardware for the kicker, and then was able to finally ride it. Also got a full face helmet for 20 bux! :)

Now I'll post pics if anyone is interested. The person I bought it from was allowing their brother to ride it, needless to say this was his mistake. His brother drove it drunk and t-totaled the crap out of it. It still runs like a charm but the whole wiring manifold is shot. The body is zip-tied and bolted together in random places, and I had to drill holes to zip-tie the manifold! This manifold I speak of is where the switches and speedo and gas needle are. Well the killswitch/starter switch is a mess, it's got two plugs for the kill switch, and one for the start button.

Any ideas? I got two solid greens, and yellow with red stripe, and a black with white stripe, and a green/white with green strip.

Hoping to get the button to work. I'll probably be replacing all the busted pieces over time through the paychecks.

The good news is I got a top speed of 50mph down a steep hill, averaging about 35-40mph flat, and up hills between 20-25mph.

I already removed the air filter restrictor, and plan to remove all other restrictors that are built on it.

More is messed up but i can still kick start the darn thing, and it does run good.

One question, my muffler randomly fell off the pipe, probably broke off when the guy wrecked it, is it ok to run a pipe with no muffler? Sure does sound beefy!

Random ideas: I plan to paint it bright yellow after I put a new body on it, and get honda civic ss stickered on there for the honda civic super small! LOL! :) happy scooting everyone and I hope we can all help each other.

ds1615
07-12-2015, 12:03 AM
Also any easy to medium upgrades I can do to increase torque for hills and flat-land, that would be great! I don't have any money right now, just bought the moped, but will be investing in it because it is my daily driver. Can't wait to take it for a spin tomorrow!

blueboy5000
07-12-2015, 03:37 PM
I'm not certain what you mean by "manifold". Manifolds are generally ducts. Your bike has two manifolds:

1) Intake manifold: the plastic tube that connects the carburetor to the engine. The connection location on the engine is called the intake port. This is where the air/fuel mixture enters the combustion chamber.

2) Exhaust manifold. Also called the header pipe, is the tube that connects the engine exhaust port to the muffler.

The part you are referring to is the dashboard gauge cluster.

It is unwise to operate your 139 without a muffler. Ths can damage your exhaust valve.

blueboy5000
07-12-2015, 03:40 PM
Green wires are component grounds. Black with no stipes are main grounds. Black and green are both ground. Black with stripe is not a ground.