PDA

View Full Version : Not going to see 10,000 miles

novaraptor
07-08-2015, 09:51 AM
A couple of weeks ago, I noticed that I was just over 9900 miles on my mc-79-250. I checked a while after and I was at 9929 miles. So, I've been waiting. And then I noticed 2 days ago that it was still at 9929. Upon closer inspection, my odometer has stopped working. Tach and speedo still fine. Somewhere in the last week or two, I passed 10,000 mi, and didn't know it. Ahh, the precious moments in a scooters life go by so fast..... Should I have noticed earlier? Yah, well, I'm old...

Irish
07-08-2015, 11:41 AM
As Hillary is famous for saying-"What difference does it make?":nuts::doh::shrug: Irish
P.S. Sorry, I couldn't resist that!:lmao:

rks
07-09-2015, 05:42 PM
Hey novaraptor, maybe you could get something like the one in this link. I would kind of like one myself. With 28 functions, it will do about everything.....except make a cup of coffee. Won't break the bank either.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LCD-Bike-Bicycle-Computer-Odometer-Speedometer-Velometer-Backlight-28-Functions-/271539739339?tfrom=311177687143&tpos=right&ttype=price&talgo=undefined

novaraptor
07-10-2015, 10:59 AM
Thanks for the link.. I'm looking at options to install a bike computer. Prices vary from ridiculously cheap to the higher priced gps units. The main concern seems to be that some of the bicycle units top out around 50 mph, and, in the wired models, placement of the pickup magnet on the wheel can be difficult. The Sigma bc506 at around $20.00 is getting good reviews, but while I'm looking, I think I would like something with blue backlighting.. Probably end up building a whole new instrument console. In the first year of owning it, the original console, while functioning, had it's problems. The chrome plastic beauty rings around the gauges warped in the desert sun, and came unstuck. Then the needles themselves softened and curled up a little. Still worked, but looked pretty tacky..