PDA

View Full Version : Her First Bike Ride

kz1000st
06-07-2015, 07:30 PM
My 24 year old daughter has been after me to teach her how to ride a motorcycle. She's ridden my 150cc scooter but wanted to tackle this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CNcB4A4axI

wheelbender6
06-07-2015, 09:29 PM
She's a good rider. Ready for a father/daughter trip to Sturgis.

kz1000st
06-08-2015, 07:14 AM
The irony of it is that off the motorcycle she isn't the most coordinated creature. My Father rides, I ride and now she rides a motorcycle. I think I sense a pattern here. Yes, someday a trip to something eventually. The Laconia Bike Week is only 300 miles from here every June.

Irish
06-08-2015, 10:49 AM
I used to go to Laconia every year. Unfortunately I stopped going because the cops initiate more trouble then the Bikers do! When I lived in Conn it was a short ride but when I lived in Barrington N.H. (my stonewall was the Barrington/Rochester border)it was great. A very short ride!:s Irish:ugh:

Irish
06-17-2015, 11:30 AM
I used to go to Laconia every year. Unfortunately I stopped going because the cops initiate more trouble then the Bikers do! When I lived in Conn it was a short ride but when I lived in Barrington N.H. (my stonewall was the Barrington/Rochester border)it was great. A very short ride!:s Irish:ugh:
Years ago , I was contacted by the man that owned the boats used in the movie "On Golden Pond" He owns the marina between the Burger King & the Bonanza in Laconia. He asked me to rebuild the engine on the Mail Boat that supposedly burned in the movie. It was a Cris Craft (sp?) It was especially handy because it was the time of the races at Laconia & I could put my "chopper" in my buddys truck with my tool box , park at the marina & fix any ones Bike good enough for them to get home.:tup: Irish

kz1000st
06-17-2015, 12:46 PM
Laconia Bike Week is going on right now. I used to go for the AMA Road Races on Fathers Day. As part of the ritual we used to go to Weirs Beach and cruise the strip. The place was always too crowded to park but we figured we would add to the numbers so just being there was cool.

Irish
06-18-2015, 01:11 PM
The Last time that I went to Laconia , my buddy & I spent Saturday there & came home Sat night. On Sun we loaded my wife , him & his wife in the cab of his pickup. In the back we loaded my "chopper" & his & also my toolbox & me. We unloaded at the marina & went to Weirs. My wife & I went thru the parking lot at Weirs to look at the Bikes. The cops were walking in fours with a police dog. Three Banditos rode into Weirs. They were causing NO trouble! The cops started hasseling them. I told my wife-Let's get the Hell out of here! "There's not enough cops in the state of N.H. to mess with those guys!" You mess with one & you mess with ALL of them! I haven't been back since! I've basically cleaned my life up & I need NO more trouble.:s Irish
P.S. Just my $.02. Every one does as they please!:yay:

kz1000st
06-22-2015, 01:05 PM
We used to stay in Alton Bay, ten miles outside of town. It was close enough to pop into "The Scene" but far enough to be away the mobs.

Irish
06-24-2015, 11:32 AM
We used to stay in Alton Bay, ten miles outside of town. It was close enough to pop into "The Scene" but far enough to be away the mobs.

This is off the subject but I used to hunt in the woods around Alton Bay! The last deer that I got was in Alton! My kids (now in their 40s ) wouldn't eat the venison (Bambi syndrome ) When my wife & I told them that it was hamburger , they thought it was delicious (sp?):tup: Irish