PDA

View Full Version : Mounts for GPS or Cell Phones

Ebuddy
06-05-2015, 05:08 PM
I've been scouring Amazon and Ebay and I've seen a few different options for mounting a cell phone or GPS unit (in a waterproof case), but none seem to be applicable to my MC-54-250 (Jonway YY250T). Either they mount on the handlebars (where I don't seem to have any extra room) or they're designed more for a motorcycle. I don't have a whole lot of space. I was wondering if anyone here had some ideas before I try to MacGuyver something.

Currently I have a TomTom One that I can use. I'd be happy to use my cell phone, but I need to be 1000% sure it won't vibrate off or get wet in the rain.

thumper650
06-07-2015, 03:10 PM
I just bought this one on Ebay for my Buddy 170I
http://www.ebay.com/itm/230907104935?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
It works ok, especially for the price since there were much more expensive options. This one fits under the bolt that tightens the mirror down. I can't get my gps mount to click in the whole way, but it holds it well enough. I do love having GPS, i set it on avoid highways and it's shown me some really cool roads in my area that I had no idea about.

cheapeto
06-08-2015, 07:46 AM
I just broke down and bought a cheap GPS and just got that case for a 5" screen but the one that mounts to the handle bars.
Doing a shake down run this AM.
Leave for CON on Wednesday.