PDA

View Full Version : Fuse Wire

loner1111
05-14-2015, 12:53 AM
I accidentally touched the red fuse wire shown in pic with the other part of battery (where the big black wire is coming from battery) and it blew up. There was smoke everywhere. Could I have messed up anything else when this happened, besides the wire? Moped was not on at the time.

Also where can I get a new one?

bull
05-14-2015, 08:50 AM
Welcome to the forum!

Doubtful of any other damage as electricity takes the least resistance path to ground and that should have been through the inline fuse only.

You can get a mini ato type weatherpack inline fuse holder from local auto parts store for under $10, just make sure you solder & heat shrink the spliced wires.

Shadowfire
05-17-2015, 03:10 AM
If that's where it was touched to the battery, I would check that section of red wire to make sure that the insulation hasn't melted off.
If you see any exposed copper, follow bull's directions about replacing the fuseholder.
In fact, you may want to do that anyways, since the Chinese glass fuse holders are notoriously awful.
The good news is, its highly unlikely that you damaged anything else in the bike aside from that red wire.