PDA

View Full Version : Ok new problem

PANDEMIC
05-11-2015, 10:59 PM
I put everything back together and it runs great there's just one little problem...I have no lights now...turn signals work and the brake light works but I have no running light, license plate light, or head lights...what am I missing here

PANDEMIC
05-11-2015, 11:20 PM
I don't know if this will help any

PANDEMIC
05-13-2015, 01:39 AM
Ok this is what I was I hope able to figure out...I was unsure aas how to test the stator at the stator but I read somewhere that if the stator was bad then there would be no spark at the plug (that's not an issue)...so what I did was I unplugged the regulator/resister and checked the plug going to it and at an idle of about 1700 the reading was 12.5 then I plugged the regulator/resister back in and checked the plug going to the headlights with the same idle speed and the reading would fluctuate between 6.4 and 6.6...I can get the lights to start lighting at really high rpms...I've been using 40/45w bulbs for awhile now with no problems but to get them to 40w would take more rpms than that thing can put out

PANDEMIC
05-13-2015, 01:41 AM
The regulator/resister that came with the new engine is a 6 prong and the original is a 4 prong...yet the wires coming out of the stator are the same as the old one

PANDEMIC
05-13-2015, 09:12 PM
Well replaced the regulator no change...didn't have this problem before engine swap...does anyone have any suggestions

kz1000st
05-14-2015, 02:46 PM
I've never done the test of a Chinese scooter stator but I did do one on a Husqvarna lawn tractor last summer. It put out 28 volts AC at the wires coming into the regulator/rectifier and 14 volts DC at the battery. You should check across the battery terminals while it's running. then you should have 12.5 volts DC unrunning and 13.5+ with the engine running.