PDA

View Full Version : New to riding

TheFishMan
04-30-2015, 12:19 AM
Hey all, I'd like to start off by saying a I have little to no knowledge when it comes to bikes, scooters, mopeds...Or any motor vehicle for that matter.
I've wanted a moped since I was a senior in high school. Well I'm 21 now, been saving up and its about damn time to make that dream a reality lol.
:tup:

But, you know- We all gotta start somewhere right?

Admin
04-30-2015, 04:17 AM
Very true, better to start now then later! :)

Welcome to the forum, glad to have you with us and I hope it can be a benefit to you. Enjoy! :tup:

TheFishMan
04-30-2015, 03:32 PM
Thank you very much, I'm sure it will continue to help. The threads here hold a great deal of information. Its like my own personal library for anything scooter related lol.

Nice to meet another New Yorker already too

cheapeto
05-01-2015, 07:27 AM
May I suggest you look into your states Motorcycle Safety Course. I went through it last year, thinking it was a stupid waste of time. Heck, I rode back in the 70's, so what could they teach me????
It was a fun course, the 2 nights of classes, and the 2 days of riding patterns, and set up, traffic situations and how to maneuver in emergency situations.
It was fun, I learned a ton of stuff, and I may just take again this year just to brush up.
I'm not so sure, I would have the confidence to ride down to North Carolina, and run the mountains with others that converged in Hickory, had I not had the course under my belt.
The course really boosted my confidence, and helped me enjoy the ride a lot more.