PDA

View Full Version : New to scooters

Kmartsocca
04-15-2015, 12:03 AM
Hello from S. Florida. My odometer just turned 100km and have not gone out of my neighborhood. Learning to ride and gain confidence.
Thank you all to this site, as it answered many questions. Very frightening to read so many bad things about Chinese scooters only to realize the posts are well over 5 years old.
So I will hope and pray this little thing doesn't fall apart on me

Admin
04-15-2015, 12:14 AM
Welcome, glad the forum has been of help to you! :)

Bob Shaw
04-15-2015, 07:46 PM
The bad thing is that it may well fall apart on you. The good thing is that parts are cheap and easy to get. But seriously, if a good PDI was done, you shouldn't have too much trouble. Blue Locktite is your friend. If anything rattles loose, put some Blue Locktite on it and tighten it back up. I say this somewhat in jest, but, my Chinese scooter actually did have some parts fall off of it, while riding down the road. But, I put over 7,000 kilometers on it with no major problems. This forum should prove to be invaluable, as it was/is to me.

Good riding, these inexpensive scooters are great learning tools. And, from experience, I can tell you , it's much better to take the motor Cycle riding test on a scooter than it is on a large motorcycle.