PDA

View Full Version : Auto enrichner

scooter
04-14-2015, 09:25 PM
Yy250t Honda clone. Keihin carb. Auto enrichner/ by starter is too rich. Everything perfect when warm. I can live with it being rich for the first couple of minutes but looking for ideas to lean this by starter a little. I wish it was lean I'd shim the entire thing up. But it's rich so I'd have to take mm's off to get it seated farther and I don't see that happening.

Shadowfire
04-14-2015, 10:11 PM
Is it actually working? Take it off the carburetor, put it on a table, mark the location of the needle on a board, juice it up with 12V from the battery and check and see if it actually extended after a minute or so.

Edit: Aah, didn't understand that correctly. Its supposed to run rich during startup. What are the symptoms?

scooter
04-15-2015, 10:47 PM
Yeah. It's working. Too good. It's running entirely to rich cold and leans out warm perfectly. I plugged it this evening and it's much better. Jap bikes have adjustable collars for the by starters to raise or lower the body. Not Chinese.

Shadowfire
04-16-2015, 08:36 PM
Perhaps the bystarter jet has corroded and widened? Someone drill it out? Just throwing around ideas.

scooter
04-17-2015, 01:08 AM
No. It's a brand new bike. 800 miles. No corrosion or drilling. Just too rich when cold. So I originally thought the idle mixture was rich. Adjusted that to near perfect and it didn't help. Still entirely to fat when cold. It's just goofy. Sometimes that's the answer. Today it started better than ever cold in the morning, warm starts are much better, and starting it at work to come home was great and it ran fine. So it shall remain plugged.

scooter
05-08-2015, 10:27 AM
Just as an update I blocked this off since it's not adjustable. Has never run better as most others have experienced. Have started it in the mid 40's ambient with no issues.

Ezed1
05-09-2021, 02:02 PM
sound like you took off the air box and went to a pod filter i know this is an old post but i was just having this same problem and the fix was a 1mm shim i installed into the bystarter where as pushing the needle out 1mm further for new starting point i put is right in front of the wax shaft part that heats up and pushes this shaft out works like a charm my scoot would go up to 3k causing the rear wheel to spin then after a couple of minute settle down