PDA

View Full Version : Newbie with an Icebear Ruckus clone

ALLOTAruckus
04-05-2015, 02:00 PM
What's up, I'm new to the scooter scene but have always been a fan. I recently got a maddog 50cc. I have installed a 50mm bbk but think I may have done something wrong. I have two issues I can't figure out 1) the starter is drawing power starting the motor but not actually cranking it 2) can't get it to crank nit even with kick start.

I had no issues before, so I know I've over looked something just don't know what exactly. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

kz1000st
04-05-2015, 02:47 PM
So many things going on here. 50mm is a pretty good jump in size. Are you sure the piston isn't hitting the cylinder head. I'm not an authority on this but I recall someone needing to put a few gaskets at the bottom of the cylinder for clearance. Also are you sure the valve timing is correct? If the valve timing is out of sync your piston could be tagging the valves. The first test would be to put a socket on the center of the fan and rotating the crank back and forth to see if the engine is spinning to a point and hanging up or if it's locked.

ALLOTAruckus
04-05-2015, 03:47 PM
I read a lot about adding an extra gasket, ordered an extra set today. I checked the valves and the timing was off. The fan spins with out hanging up but adding another gasket seems like a good idea for safe measure and compression. I got the electrical issues solved, had to replace a few wires. I got the battery charging now so I can test again later. I might get a better battery that can handle the upgrades.

The kit I got also came with a new variator, springs (and another set by mistake) and 8gr weights.

kz1000st
04-05-2015, 04:35 PM
hopefully you're on your way. Keep us posted.

mrdarin
12-16-2015, 11:33 AM
does anyone know where i could get a aftermarket pipe that would fit this bike i dont want a stock one cause they only last a year its the 150cc