PDA

View Full Version : Bought a red 2006 Yamaha Majesty 400

Bob Shaw
03-24-2015, 01:52 PM
I haven't read much about the Yamaha Majesty. This seems like a great bike. I've put about 150 miles on it since I bought it and am getting over 62 mpg. It's got about 16,000 miles on it, and I don't think the belt has been changed, at least the computer is flagging v-belt replace. Does anyone have any experience with this bike? The only bit of concern is a clink from the rear when starting off. It sounds like it's coming from the clutch. Other than that it starts and runs great, very stable and comfortable on the road.

rks
03-24-2015, 07:01 PM
I don't know anything about the Majesty.....but I bet these people do

http://majestyusa.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=11&sid=da98e80a4643895848a9c15f14f595aa

Bob Shaw
03-25-2015, 12:31 PM
Thanks R

Thanks RKS. I've been on that board, and it sounds pretty normal for that bike, worn sliders is what it sounds like.

I tried to register for that board, but, got no respnse from them.

Bob Shaw
03-25-2015, 10:49 PM
I don't know anything about the Majesty.....but I bet these people do

http://majestyusa.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=11&sid=da98e80a4643895848a9c15f14f595aa

rks, do you have any contacts with the admins on that board. I've been trying to register and trying to contact the admins, but my e-mails came back undeliverable, and i've heard nothing from my registration request. Do you have a current admin e-mail address, apparently the one listed on their board is no longer valid.

rks
03-26-2015, 06:55 AM
No, I don't anything about the site, it just popped up in a Majesty forum search. I have a Yamaha Big Bear ATV, and had a Yamaha 3 wheeler that we ran for 18 years.....but don't have experience with their scoots.

I just thought that someone there might be able to tell you if it was normal to have such a noise.....as it is on the two identical motorcycles I have. Both make a clink-clunk noise when taking off from a stop. Sounds like I've run over a piece of light metal, such as a flattened out beer can or something similar. Turns out to be totally normal for my model of BMW, and has to do with the ABS system doing a self test, or something.

Sorry I can't be of more help..... but strange noises are sometimes normal...thought maybe someone on a Yamaha specific forum could enlighten you as to what is, or isn't normal for your model.

vader1701
03-29-2015, 03:55 PM
Bob Shaw I sent you a PM, get with me on your Majesty. I owned a 2008 and traded it in recently on a 2011 Honda Silverwing.