PDA

View Full Version : Finally! A Ride.

kz1000st
03-17-2015, 07:25 AM
I dragged my all around machine out through the ice and snow in front of the garage just to pick up a few groceries. It felt so good to be out riding again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H162OuLZkkM

rks
03-17-2015, 04:51 PM
Well, although I haven't taken anything out of the garage yet, I did take the scoot battery off of the bench and put it back where it belongs....afterwhich, I did start it up and let it run a few minutes.(exciting to hear it run again....1st time since 11/11/14)
Wrapping up some off season maintenance, now that it is not so brutally cold.

Spring is coming, heard some geese going over this AM, and have sited a few Robins.
I envy you out riding...but....it won't be long now, and everyone of us will be scootin about.

bandito2
03-17-2015, 06:49 PM
Yesterday it got up into the low/mid 60s so I unhooked a battery from the battery tender and took it to the rental storage area where all of my scooters hibernated for the winter. Hooked the battery up in the 2006 Reflex and started cranking....... After the float bowl filled she sputtered to life but didn't stall and finally settled into a nice steady warm purr. Put the tools away while it idled then took it for a few laps around the storage area property. I grinned as the wind rushed by mixed with the sound of the soft growl of the Reflex exhaust reverberating between the rows of long storage buildings. No hesitation when giving the throttle a quick twist. Good!!! Parked it back in the storage space satisfied with the easy start and run after the long winter nap.

Still waiting for it to get a little warmer and for some spring rains to come and rinse the road salt away before venturing out. Next time we have a day like this again, a fully charged battery will go into the Silverwing then they will both make the short mile & 1/2 trip to the driveway at home for much needed baths. Riding season here in SE Michigan is off to a tentative start with bikes of all sorts making their way out into the brief episodes of spring warmth & sunshine. I even saw that new trike, the Slingshot cruising through the downtown area the other day. Full on riding season is right around the corner!!!!

vader1701
03-29-2015, 08:37 PM
Man am I itching, when I read this and see that video huh! it makes me soooo ready. I am attempting to get my bike out this week, going over to Bandito2 house and do some visiting before the big BBQ get together.

rks
04-03-2015, 06:10 PM
Well I finally took the scoot out for a spin today. It's be in hibernation for 8 days shy of 5 months. I got a spare ignition key cut at the hardware store, enjoyed an $.85 cup of coffee at McDonald's picnic table, in the beautiful 60* weather, and came home....22 glorious miles in total.

The scoot ran great....never skipped a beat. Sure seemed good to be on two wheels again....but our weather is going to take a turn for the worse tonight...Rain, turning to snow in the higher elevations....no more 50's til next Thursday. But I sure enjoyed today.

kz1000st
04-04-2015, 01:14 PM
I managed to get out on the 150cc twice yesterday and put 10 miles on it. The first trip was shopping and errands, the second a run for subs for dinner. Scooter hummed along pretty well for a seven year old China scoot.