PDA

View Full Version : Newb here...First scooter

MJP
03-13-2015, 01:21 AM
Hey guys. I recently acquired a roketa maui 50st. I've been reading around, trying to learn about tune ups, and possible mods to gain some speed. I'm not too worried about the speed thing for now, but definitely want to put some TLC into the scoot. I know that the people I got it from only had it for about 3 months, drove it about 15 miles a week, and never did anything but put gas in it. I need help lol. I don't know how to change oil, spark plugs, or anything, BUT I want to learn. This is my sole source of transportation for now so I don't want to mess anything up. Can you guys help me out?

bull
03-13-2015, 06:03 AM
If you look at the "sticky" on each forum channel, there is a thread with links to several videos and basic maintenance items. You will want to also read the thread about "oils", which the poll currently is about 60 - 40 synthetic over crude.

One thing I am a firm believer of is going over the scooter good every few months, tightening loose screws & bolts, lubricating, and thorough check up. Otherwise just level 1 maintenance before every ride.

Good idea to stay away from any modifications until you have had the scooter long enough to get to really know it and how it runs. I have a used PS 50cc (factory 63cc) that I have done almost nothing to and it never ceases to amaze me at how well it runs, performs and makes me smile like a grinning politician stealing lollipops from a baby.