PDA

View Full Version : manual enrichener

dwint51
02-18-2015, 09:33 AM
the best thing I ever did was buy a manual choke.it starts even in 10 degrees with no more starting fluid.scoot tuning is a great company to deal with.i sent them my electric choke and they cut it and made it work for me for thirteen bucks.i bought my stage 6 from them also and it was cheap and quick shipping.

rks
02-19-2015, 06:39 AM
Glad it works out for you. I read an article, or watched a video on how to convert an auto enricher to a manual one, some time ago. Found it interesting, but never did anything with mine, because I haven't had a problem with it. But I never start the scoot unless the thermometer is above 45*, and heading up.

I feel for you having to ride in such cold temps.....my old bones would't be able to take it. Did it a few times back in the late 1960's.....but no more of that for me.

dwint51
02-19-2015, 08:07 AM
yeah im 53 and today it is 0 with the wind shield.im heading out the door now and it will be way below zero but its ok

HTXfossil
04-17-2015, 08:46 PM
I found this snooping, OP are you still alive?!

skyrider
04-18-2015, 09:07 AM
I tried to reinvent the wheel this winter with a oil pan heat pad and lights under a tarp. The heat pad caught on fire and the tarp just was mucho work. I was too stubborn to consider Dwint51, Hats off to you!! So my summer project is to either do what you did and send my electric choke to them(just remove from carb so you have to wait to run your scoot till its back?, what's the turn around time??) or do this:
http://scootdawg.proboards.com/thread/22870/manual-choke-conversion-pics