PDA

View Full Version : Roketa MC D-13 250 Bali

scooter
02-14-2015, 10:12 AM
Hello. I just purchased one of these. I did a search on the forum and can't figure out which engine this thing has. Honda or Yamaha clone? Not sure of the differences between this and the 54 either. BHinch loves his 54 so I bought this. Anyone know? I'm trying to get my parts together to go through it when it get's here. Also looking for known problems to fix now before I get it on the road. I appreciate any assistance.

scooter
02-14-2015, 10:38 AM
Linhai from what I can figure, which is Yamaha clone yes?

kz1000st
02-14-2015, 06:11 PM
There were a few made with the Linhai but they were rare. Most come with the CN 250 Helix clone. Does the cylinder stick up or point forward. The Linhai points forward, the CN 250 points up.

scooter
02-14-2015, 06:23 PM
Hello. I'm not sure about the cylinder orientation boss. I haven't received it yet. Just ordered it last night and of course I'm going to tear it apart when I get it. A good PDI is worth so much isn't it? I'm so happy with my Evo! Just need a little more top end for the long trips. I haven't seen anyone recommending desmogging this bike. Strange. My Tao Tao ran like a top after getting rid of all that junk. I think it would be wonderful if the system were reliable enough to keep it. It just wasn't the case on my Tao Tao. I tried keeping it. Crappy parts kept causing vacuum leaks and whatnot, made it very unreliable!

kz1000st
02-15-2015, 03:46 AM
I never desmog a scoot because I've never had any problems with the stuff. My motto is "If it works, leave it alone." It's why I never have carburetor problems. My idle mixtures came from the factory, I never had to pull them apart or adjust a thing. I might say I'm lucky but after 50 years of not touching them it can't be luck anymore.

scooter
02-15-2015, 05:14 AM
I agree with you sir. I hope I can put good rubber and fluids in with some lock tite and start riding. Boy you get up early!