PDA

View Full Version : new scoot for cheap have a few questions

tm4n6910
02-07-2015, 03:42 PM
bought this jonway 150 this week for 250.00
after we unloaded it , i took off for a test drive and it seemed pretty solid and scary fast for a scooter. after messing with it a little it seemed to be more than stock , po put a bbk on it , bigger carb and jetted it, perf exhaust and racing cdi and coil. i did oil change and plug and thought about taking belt cover off to check the belt. is there anything that could pop or fall out?

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w144/troj4nm4n69/securedownload3.jpg (http://s175.photobucket.com/user/troj4nm4n69/media/securedownload3.jpg.html)

rks
02-07-2015, 06:51 PM
Nice looking scooter, sounds like you got a bargain. If it were mine, I'd want to tear it down, (remove all plastic) and make sure nothing was going to come unfastened, fall off, or short out. I'd want to check the steering head and most likely add some grease. I'd remove every bolt or nut I could get to, put a drop of blue Loctite on it, and reinstall. Undo each electical connecter, to add a bit of dielectric grease, and then snap back together. Add a dab of silicon caulk to each of the screws that hold the body panels on when reassembling.

In other words do a complete PDI. Very important to do this to a new one, and as I see it, every bit as important to perform one on a used scooter as well. The people that don't/won't take the time to do a PDI, are the ones on these forums with a new problem every week.

I bought my Jonway new, just shy of 3 years ago....and it's been a great little scooter....and so far, has never let me down...but it was not built or assembled quite like a Mercedes, Audi, or BMW.

tm4n6910
02-08-2015, 09:26 AM
yes i have already found things that have rattled loose. the plug was hanging by a thread. gonna try today to put in new speedo cable and tighten rest of it up. goofing off yest i set the speeding camera off a few times. has a 60mph trigger. heard good things bout the jonways so i didnt hesitate when the price was mentioned