PDA

View Full Version : Carb Adjustment Question

feartheclown
02-01-2015, 11:28 PM
So finishing up my PDI on my Taotao 150cc motor and we hit a question mark. Based on the PDI we're using the primary goal is to have it idle at 1800 RPM after warming up, have it throttle up smoothly, and have it idle with the rear wheel ever so slightly turning. All these things are occurring straight from the factory. Based on that is there any reason to do a carb adjustment?

rks
02-02-2015, 07:26 AM
No there isn't. If it is starting, idling, and taking throttle okay, I'd leave it alone. Put a few miles on it....as it loosens up, you will probably notice idle speed increase...and may have to adjust it to point just below where wheel starts to turn. After a couple of hundred miles, you can pull the spark plug and check color for proper a/f ratio.

Irish
05-08-2015, 10:40 AM
I know that many people will disagree with me & say to do as the instructions say but I have found (over many years ) that you're better off adjusting for the individual bike! Having worked in a Dealership , I have found that the instructions are for ALL bikes , but tuning individual bikes is much better!:s Irish
P.S. Just my $.02