PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have any experience with owning a BMS scooter

PANDEMIC
01-31-2015, 04:20 PM
I'm considering a move from the west coast (california) to the east coast (south carolina) and leaving my 150 here and getting a 250 once I'm there...I've always liked the look of the BMS kind of looks like a Honda Goldwing...they are a little high priced...would I simply be paying for a name or is it actually built with better standards and regulations like kymco's are...I am definitely not buying the brand I currently own

kz1000st
01-31-2015, 05:35 PM
I assume you're talking about this.

http://www.bike2go.com/260cc-scooter-with-deluxe-touring-style-system-lots-premium-upgrade-features-high-quality-p-1403.html

BMS uses Znen scooters which is the largest scooter manufacturer in China. According to people who've owned them BMS uses stainless steel hardware and better quality panels than others. I briefly owned a Lance built by Znen and I can attest that it was built better than the Bashan I've owned for over six years. If you read this ad you'll see the differences between it and run of the mill Chinese 250s.

PANDEMIC
02-01-2015, 08:55 PM
Yup that be the one

PANDEMIC
02-01-2015, 09:00 PM
But honestly I'm seriously considering giving up on this whole scooter thing...I got the variator for my 150 installed it took it out and it ran great all day long start heading home get about half way and the damn thing just up and died and would not start again had to push it home...best way to describe it would be to say....I don't know about any of you but have you ever accidentally hit the kill switch while riding? I have and that's exactly how it sounded when it died

kz1000st
02-02-2015, 12:44 PM
A wire connection came loose or the CDI overheated (also the coil) or it ran out of fuel/carburetor clogged.

PANDEMIC
02-02-2015, 04:02 PM
Yea by the time I pushed it home I didn't have the energy or the heart to even begin trouble shooting it...With any luck I'll get off work early enough to get started today

PANDEMIC
02-02-2015, 04:06 PM
Not really sure how to go about checking/testing the CDI...is the CDI the coil as well or are they 2 different things and if the are different I would test the coil pretty much the same as on a car correct

kz1000st
02-03-2015, 11:03 AM
Yes CDI and coil are separate. I would just look at the connections in the ignition circuit if the scooter is still not running. If they had overheat issues it would have started again after cooling. Also check that you didn't accidentally knock off the kill switch.